MDR and Specialty Restaurant on same night

Not that I would do it, but wondering...:rolleyes:

Can you dine at MDR and Specialty Restaurant on the same night?

For instance, you have a late reservation time for Specialty Restaurant,

would it be okay to go to MDR earlier in the evening to have an appetizer?

I don't know if RCI has lobster night.

But what if lobster night is on the night when you have booked Specialty restaurant, would it be okay to go to MDR and sample the lobster?

Not that I would do it, but wondering...:rolleyes:

Can you dine at MDR and Specialty Restaurant on the same night?

For instance, you have a late reservation time for Specialty Restaurant,

would it be okay to go to MDR earlier in the evening to have an appetizer?

I don't know if RCI has lobster night.

But what if lobster night is on the night when you have booked Specialty restaurant, would it be okay to go to MDR and sample the lobster?

I don't see any reason why not. The waiters don't know or care if you are dining at the Specialty Res. later!

Just go to Portifino's every night and order the Seafood Skewer and have lobster every night. Saturday night the waiter told the cook without me even asking to toss a second tail on there for me. The waiter prep'ing the plate looked and looked at me and said wow you got two pieces of tail...I told him Sheron told the chef to do that for me.

Ate up there 3 times during this cruise, decided to do that over a soda card...boy did I make the right decision.

You could eat in every place every night if you so wanted to do so, you'd surely be sick from all that food though...

I think Logistically, you could do it. However, I think you would be soooo stuffed that you would be uncomfortable.

After dinner at Portofino's, I was so stuffed I almost felt bad. I could not even finish the desserts, and I am a dessert lover (but I also did not really like them) and a pretty big eater.

On our last cruise, we went to Portofino for dinner, and then met up with our tablemates in the MDR. We only had drinks in the MDR that night, but we adored our tablemates and didn't want to miss out on socializing.

But, the waiter said we could've eaten there if we wanted. Too stuffed to even think about food though.

Nooooo! :p When dining in the specialty restaurants you should have an empty belly! The food is soooo good that you'll want to experience it all, eat a large breakfast or an early lunch.

If you enjoy lobster regularly you probably won't even like what they serve in the MDR.

###

We never did it with a specialty rest. -- too much food!

We were invited the Captain's Table once on lobster night. We tought it might be tacky to order additional lobster at his table, after all he was buying the wine and cocktails ;)

Our Captain's dinner was early seating - our regular was second seating. We went to our regular table and just had some more lobster - we skipped the other courses :)

Archived