End of short cruises on RCI

EBFURR

I looked around for a thread on this, but did not find one so please forgive me if this is redundant. I just looked at the 2010 RCI schedule and it does not appear to contain any sailings less than seven days. The only Bahamas cruise seems to be a nine night one. We obviously prefer longer cruises (one year would be fine), but our budget and vacation time contraints often limit us to a 4-5 day vacation. We have been in the habit of booking a short cruise get-away for our anniversary and really enjoy that. It appears that this will no longer be an option on RCI.

Has anyone else noticed this? What are your thoughts as to RCI abandoning the shorter cruise market? I am not trying to start a fight - just wondering if we are the only ones disappointed by this development.

I looked around for a thread on this, but did not find one so please forgive me if this is redundant. I just looked at the 2010 RCI schedule and it does not appear to contain any sailings less than seven days. The only Bahamas cruise seems to be a nine night one. We obviously prefer longer cruises (one year would be fine), but our budget and vacation time contraints often limit us to a 4-5 day vacation. We have been in the habit of booking a short cruise get-away for our anniversary and really enjoy that. It appears that this will no longer be an option on RCI.

Has anyone else noticed this? What are your thoughts as to RCI abandoning the shorter cruise market? I am not trying to start a fight - just wondering if we are the only ones disappointed by this development.

From what I gather the 4-5 day Bahamas cruises won't be released until around the 26th. I may be wrong but I think that's what I read. I enjoy those cruises as well and have been waiting to see them.

I'm also checking because I'm curious to see if the Majesty/Monarch will be leaving next year. :cool:

Short Caribbean schedule for 2010 will not be out until tomorrow April 22nd. You are one day early. LOL;):D

Oh, that makes sense. Thanks. With RCI selling off the older ships to Europe markets it did not really dawn on me that there were ships missing from the schedule. I was looking at the itinerary calender and only one ship showed for the Bahamas. I noticed recently from the various promo emails that I get that RCI 3-4 day cruises seem to be cheaper that Carnival lately. I thought maybe they had decided that these were no longer profitable. I am glad to see that there will still be options.

Oh, that makes sense. Thanks. With RCI selling off the older ships to Europe markets it did not really dawn on me that there were ships missing from the schedule. I was looking at the itinerary calender and only one ship showed for the Bahamas. I noticed recently from the various promo emails that I get that RCI 3-4 day cruises seem to be cheaper that Carnival lately. I thought maybe they had decided that these were no longer profitable. I am glad to see that there will still be options.

Here is the whole schedule

Destination Opening Date

Europe & Transatlantic 3/12/09

Alaska 3/19/09

Asia Summer 3/24/09

Northeast (Carib/Bermuda, Canada,New England) 3/25/09

Caribbean (Year-round/Summer) 4/9 & 4/16/09

Short Caribbean/Bahamas 4/22/09

Mexico 4/28/09

Seasonal Caribbean/Panama Canal 4/29/09

Dubai 5/5/09

Winter Europe 5/6/09

Australia & Hawaii 5/12/09

Asia Winter 5/14/09

South America 7/15/09

That list is now out of date. Here's the latest (although this can change too going forward).

Short Caribbean/Bahamas 4/22/09

Mexico 4/28/09

Dubai 5/5/09

Winter Europe 5/6/09

Seasonal Caribbean/Panama Canal 5/07/09

Asia Winter TBD

Europe Baltic 6/11/2009

Australia & Hawaii 6/16/09

South America 7/15/09

So, does 5-day Navigator fall into "Short Caribbean" or "Season Caribbean"? I'm guessing the latter.

Just saw the schedules and there are plenty of 3 and 4 days cruises, Majesty, Monarch, NOS all are listed.

I guess a lot depends on your perspective and focus. Elsewhere on this board, people are expressing concern about an alleged lack of cruises that are seven nights or longer.:D

Archived