Hotels in Los Angeles

SANDEE

Godd Morning,

Can anyone tell me what hotels Princess uses in Los Angeles?

Also we are thinking of doing the Mexican Riviera in April and wondering whether to do the Capri deck or the Dolphin? Never have booked a mini before but thought might be a great cruise to try one.Thanks, Sandee

Godd Morning,

Can anyone tell me what hotels Princess uses in Los Angeles?

Also we are thinking of doing the Mexican Riviera in April and wondering whether to do the Capri deck or the Dolphin? Never have booked a mini before but thought might be a great cruise to try one.Thanks, Sandee

We stay in Long Beach rather then San Pedro. There are lots of hotels/restaurants and things to do and it is only a short cab ride to the pier.

Mini balconies on Dolphin deck are fully exposed to above.

Mini's on Emerald deck are fully covered.

Reg balconies on Caribe deck have the largest balconies they are half covered.

We stay in Long Beach rather then San Pedro. There are lots of hotels/restaurants and things to do and it is only a short cab ride to the pier.

Mini balconies on Dolphin deck are fully exposed to above.

Mini's on Emerald deck are fully covered.

Reg balconies on Caribe deck have the largest balconies they are half covered.

Don't forget the Emerald minis are aft staterooms as well, both port and starboard, but as Colo has said you have the benefit of privacy and protection from any inclement weather.

Ciao for now!!!

Princess uses the Marriott at LAX, and it's a very nice hotel. I have used this arrangment thru Princess for 3 past cruises, and have it booked again for March for a Hawaii cruise. The hotel has a coffee bar in the lobby, a "sports bar/restaurant". a casual dining restaurant, and a more expensive option in their 3rd restaurant. The rooms are very comfortable, the beds are great and the linens are very nice. There's a large outdoor atruim with a big pool and a spa. Many of the rooms have balconies that overlook the atrium.

If you book it thru Princess, it includes your transfer to the pier. Very convenient, and they take care of your luggage right from the hotel.

If it came to a choice between a mini on Dolphin deck and a balcony on Caribe deck, I would chose the Caribe cabin. The balconies are roomy AND half covered, so you have protection from sun or rain if needed. I don't care for the total exposure from above for the Dolphin minis. (Not that I would be doing anything that others should not see.) I like some privacy.

Hopefully you're not flying in the day of the cruise (if you use Princess air, this may happen). Get here at least a day before your cruise and stay in Long Beach or Santa Monica. A quick taxi or shuttle trip to San Pedro (which you can stay at too) and you'll have interesting places to check out that day. You can head over to the Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica, an outdoor mall, and dine and/or shop.

The SP hotels, and maybe one or two of the LB ones will shuttle you to the pier for free.

Thank you so much as I was wondering about the hotel and we will go in a day early.

Sandee

Princess uses the Marriott at LAX, and it's a very nice hotel. I have used this arrangment thru Princess for 3 past cruises, and have it booked again for March for a Hawaii cruise. The hotel has a coffee bar in the lobby, a "sports bar/restaurant". a casual dining restaurant, and a more expensive option in their 3rd restaurant. The rooms are very comfortable, the beds are great and the linens are very nice. There's a large outdoor atruim with a big pool and a spa. Many of the rooms have balconies that overlook the atrium.

If you book it thru Princess, it includes your transfer to the pier. Very convenient, and they take care of your luggage right from the hotel.

If it came to a choice between a mini on Dolphin deck and a balcony on Caribe deck, I would chose the Caribe cabin. The balconies are roomy AND half covered, so you have protection from sun or rain if needed. I don't care for the total exposure from above for the Dolphin minis. (Not that I would be doing anything that others should not see.) I like some privacy.

Archived