Shore excursion

eeyore1079

One of our stops on Royal Caribbean this summer is to St. Thomas. Most of the shore excursions leave you off in town to find your own way back to the port. My friend and I are a little worried about that. How is it to find transportation back to the port? Are there taxi's....if so, about how much? Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm hoping to book excursions this weekend and really would like to do one in St. Thomas. :)

Thanks!

There are lots of taxis all over town. It is also walkable to Havensight one of the port areas. I am sure the tour would also leave you off at or near the ship at your request. Everything is very close. Taxi from town to ship about $5 per person.

B.

Yes, there are plenty of taxis and they will be cruising for fares. Just waive one down.

But unless you want a "slow-boat-tour" of the downtown area, make sure that you catch one on the waterfront road headed back toward the ships.

Main Street (the first street back from the the waterfront) is one way away from the ships. The taxis are really vans and they will go all the way down the main street shopping area before turning to go back toward the ship. Then they will cruise up the waterfront road looking for more passengers.

So unless you are looking for a longer ride just pick up a taxi at the east end of the waterfront (near the flea market).

Charlie

One of our stops on Royal Caribbean this summer is to St. Thomas. Most of the shore excursions leave you off in town to find your own way back to the port. My friend and I are a little worried about that. How is it to find transportation back to the port? Are there taxi's....if so, about how much? Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm hoping to book excursions this weekend and really would like to do one in St. Thomas. :)

Thanks!

We used Papa Bear at Airforce1 in St. Thomas and had a great tour/day! See my review below for the 5/08 Destiny! Enjoy!:D

Archived