Cab fare from Havensight to Secret Harbor

cruzingduo

Hi,

I was wondering if there was the $2 bus that would take us to either Secret Harbor or to Sapphire beach from Havensite(sp)pier. We did find one in Red Hook after we came back from St Johns. Saved us quite a bit of change.

Also, which beach has the best amenities ie: restaurant and facilities. We're trying to decide between Secret Harbor and Sapphire.

Thanks in advance.We cant wait to get back to beautiful St Thomas.

Liz

The route passes the turn off roads, there are two options, that go toward Secret Harbor. For either road you'd have to get off on the main road and then walk about a mile to get to Secret Harbor. Neither road is flat, neither has sidewalks. The route from just outside Red Hook going left is narrow, blind corners, fair amount of traffic. The route from the Frydenhoj intersection which is just past the National Guard area is also narrow but goes through a residential area so is quieter with less blind corners.

The same bus route passes the road to Sapphire, get off by the entrance and walk down the entrance a short ways (downhill a bit then flat) to the beach.

The above is for taking public transportation. A taxi will take you right to Sapphire or Secret Harbor. No walking along roads involved.

Both have food/drinks but it varies: Sapphire there is a small open air place with sandwiches and some other things and also a restaurant up by the condos a maybe 12 minute walk form the beach - it sometimes has beach wait staff taking and delivering orders on the beach, there is a mimimum of $20 or $25 and a service fee. At Secret Harbor its a beachside restaurant and bar. At Sapphire the restroom was with the beach side restauarant/bar which is closed right now, so the bathroom isn't getting the upkeep it usually received, its somewhat like a public bathroom now - it has some good and bad days. At Secret Harbor the restrooms are affliated with the restaurant/resort so well kept/clean.

--Islander

Thank you so much for your quick reply.

So I guess if we decide on Secret Harbor your best bet is to go by Taxi. Otherwise, the city bus would take us to Sapphire and we would just have to walk down to the beach.

Looks like Secret Harbor has a little edge on Sapphire as far as the amenities go. But Sapphire has views of St John's:confused: Decisions decisions:rolleyes:

Thanks again

Liz

If you go to Secret Harbor, try to find the sunken sailboat to the right of center as you face the water, about 75-100 ft. out. This is where a sea turtle spent much of the day when we were there. Decent snorkeling there:)

If you go to Secret Harbor, try to find the sunken sailboat to the right of center as you face the water, about 75-100 ft. out. This is where a sea turtle spent much of the day when we were there. Decent snorkeling there:)

Thank you, I was wondering if there was decent snorkeling there. We love to snorkel. I think you have helped me make a decision:) Secret Harbor here we come. BTW, Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a restaurant right there on the beach?

Thanks again

Liz

Yes the restaurant, Blue Moon Cafe, is right on the beach at Secret Harbor. To the right when facing the water, hard to miss it. That is where the bar is too, and the restroom.

--Islander

Islander,

Do you also happen to know if they have showers available to rinse off?

Thank you again.

Liz

Archived