Distance from Roseau to Champange Reef

cruzingduo

Dove at Champagne reef two weeks ago, about a 20 minute taxi ride on roads that I would not have wanted to drive on. 4 folks, $60 round trip, driver stayed and waited for us during the 3 hours we dove and snorkeled. We did not see any Busses.

Dove at Champagne reef two weeks ago, about a 20 minute taxi ride on roads that I would not have wanted to drive on. 4 folks, $60 round trip, driver stayed and waited for us during the 3 hours we dove and snorkeled. We did not see any Busses.

Is the cab fee per person or per vehicle?

Were there others at the reef when you were there? What about snorkeling, rather than diving?

The taxi fares are per person, before we went read a lot of estimates of $15 to $20 per person round trip. The company we dove with offered to provide for $60 for the 4 of us round trip. From everything I read, didn't look like we would do any better. It was really a prearranged cab ride.

My daughter and I dove, my wife and other daughter snorkeled. They also had a great time. Probably a dozen other folks snorkeling. The "open air" dive shop at the start of the board walk down to the water has snorkel gear as well as snacks, sodas and beer.

We prearranged the dive with iriesafari and they offered to arrange the transportation for us. They also offer guided snorkeling (wife and DD had no issues snorkeling on their own). That being said, there were plenty of cabs at the port and it did not seem to be an issue to get one. The port area is a little "rough", but we did not feel "unsafe".

Archived