Price drops

animalcracker

If it falls after final payment you are SOL, but I have been told instead of a refund you get an upgrade, but don't know for sure.

I do know when you book a guarantee and the price drops you can get it before final payment. My dropped 3 times and I saved a total of $2900 not chump change.

I hope this helps.

Kathy

If the price for the cabin class drops after you book it, are you SOL, or will HAL refund the difference. If refund, do you have to request it and if so how?

Thanks.

Yes, you need to be diligent about price checking either on the HAL site or thru your T/A if that's how you booked. If, before final payment date, the price drops -- and it is not one of those "for new bookings only" promos -- you may request the new lower price thru your booking channel (HAL or T/A). The tedious thing is checking, checking, checking.

We already have saved a goodly amount on our November sailing.

• 2 weeks later...

I booked my Volendam Trip this July directly with HAL.

I asked the agent about price drops after I made the final payment. She said yes If my cabin category drops in price, they will not refund the difrence but instead do an upgrade if available or do onboard credits. But I'm not exactly sure what "upgrade" means since our bookings are checked off for "complimentary upgrade if possible". And she didn't elaborate on Onboard credits.

I guess I should have asked for clarification.

If it falls after final payment you are SOL, but I have been told instead of a refund you get an upgrade, but don't know for sure.

I do know when you book a guarantee and the price drops you can get it before final payment. My dropped 3 times and I saved a total of $2900 not chump change.

I hope this helps.

Kathy

So every time you saw a price drop on their website did you phone and then they send out updated paper work, how does it work? Thanks

So every time you saw a price drop on their website did you phone and then they send out updated paper work, how does it work? Thanks

Yes, I phoned the TA and politely informed her of the price drop per HAL website and we were promptly upgraded, then received updated booking confirmation.Also the online check in reflected the change.

lettienets, I called the TA and he in turn called HAL, the first time I got a new booking number after that, they just reduced it and he would send me an updated e-mail statement. It is well worth checking.

Kathy

I did mine directly through HAL, so when I saw a price drop I called them and they changed the dollar amount and sent a new confirmation.

The second time I needed to rebook, but didn't have to get credited and repay, they just gave me a new number but the same cabin.

All in all on one of the cheaper OV (with the porthole) I cut about $1000 off the price from initial booking. Plus they moved me to a better OV.

your all very lucky.in the uk you don't get the price drop if the prices fall.holland america also prevent uk customers booking with US travel agents. i've contacted H.A. about this and suprisingly i've not had any reply yet.

Archived