Horseback Riding

apost10093@yahoo.com

My sister is an avid rider and she had a nice chat with a fellow cruiser two years ago who did the horseback riding tour in Belize. That gal had a lot of good to say about the ride and would have done it a second time in a heartbeat. You were given the freedom to trot and canter in areas (as opposed to walking in a caravan with the horses noses in each others' butts for the entire ride). The horses all looked healthy and well taken care of. That was my sister's main concern. After she got done speaking with this gal, she regretted not having gone horseback riding.

We went horseback riding at the spa just this past Nov. As the poster above said, the horses looked well taken care of.

We were all beginners, but loved every minute of it.

The only thing I didn't like was the 1 hour 15 minute ride out there, but it was a nice ride. Got to see a lot of the country. The lady that took us (cynthia) was very talkative and friendly. And the spa itself is very pretty.

We even saw monkeys in the jungle.

We would do it again.

We had fresh coconut water, which turned out to be just that. They picked up a coconut, chopped the top off and we drank it. Then a guy chopped it open and we ate the inside.

It was my neices favorite port.

Archived