Post your memorable ANTIGUA PICS HERE!

Aplmac

Do you plan on posting photos of any other ports? I would love to see them.

I did a quick look at the other ports of call pages, but did not see any threads of your photos.

Yeaahh I did it...finally..

After weeks of contemplating a similarly-titled thread and theme for nearby Dominica

I took the plunge!

So if you want to have a look at the rainforest island

and post your memorable pics of that island-of-296-square-miles

click on this URL...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=991087

and be transported!

Every time I sail into Antigua ...there it is!

EYESORE-200.jpg

this unsightly hunk of JUNK..

Isn't it about time the Government of Antigua's Port Authority removed it? :confused:

Every cruise ship entering the St.Johns channel sails right past it

and three thousand cruisers get to see it, time and time again. :cool:

Time to move it guys.

It doesn't add to the island's beauty, that's fer sure!

It's not lookin good.

DSC_5201.jpg.6887da5d84f1165c16ee8cf7c9bdc5cf.jpg

Since the title of this thread refers to our most memorable picture, not the most beautiful, here are a couple from our bonus stop at a genuine Antiguan gas station after we blew a tire on the tour bus. We had a great driver who kept it under control until we got to the gas station and a great tour guide who kept us laughing about it.

113.jpg

111.jpg

Since the title of this thread refers to our most memorable picture, not the most beautiful,

here are a couple from our bonus stop at a genuine Antiguan gas station after we blew a tire on the tour bus.

113.jpg

Yes...memorable is the key here

and you won't forget that little stop for awhile!! :D

December will be our first time to this port on the Dream.

Thanks for all the great photos and info... I am just starting my research.

The main question I always ask is....is it safe like Cozumel...or do we have to be more on guard like in Jamaica?

Thanks!

The main question I always ask is....is it safe like Cozumel

...or do we have to be more on guard like in Jamaica?

Oh gosh...nothing like Jamaica.

Antigua's OK...not perfect but definitely OK. No real danger anywhere

I mean...have the usual street smarts turned on. You're not in Heaven...:cool:

Aplmac- I have seem quite a few of your pictures and they are amazing!! I looked up your camera and for me that is a bit much to spend. Do you know of a camera that is a bit less but takes good pics? I currently have a Canon Power shor SD750. I know these are no where in the same class, but I am looking to upgrade! Thanks again for the amazing photos!!

Oh gosh...nothing like Jamaica.

Antigua's OK...not perfect but definitely OK. No real danger anywhere

I mean...have the usual street smarts turned on. You're not in Heaven...:cool:

Thanks.... Jamaica is the only port we have had any issues with.

Even Belize, Costa Rica and Panama were ok as long as we used common sense.

Just trying to get a "gage" of how adventurous to be!!

Aplmac- I have seem quite a few of your pictures and they are amazing!! ===> Thank you.

I looked up your camera and for me that is a bit much to spend.

Do you know of a camera that is a bit less but takes good pics?

I currently have a Canon Power shot SD750.

I know these are no where in the same class, but I am looking to upgrade!

Thanks again for the amazing photos!! ===> You're welcome!

You should be posing this question

over at the Photo Discussion section of these CC Message Boards

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118

where guys who know a lot more about current model choice can advise you.

In fact your question might already be answered for you

since there's lots of Canon talk over there.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks aplmac for your advice on how to post photos. It was easier than I thought...

We did the Stingray City excursion through Carnival, June 12th. It was an INCREDIBLE experience! Here are some of our best shots:

<179.jpg>

<177.jpg>

<210.jpg>

Debbie

Hi okgladmom. Did you post somewhere that Dickenson's beach is actually rockey in the water, not sandy? Your pictures look lovely-the water looks crystal clear, but I don't want a beach that's very rocky. Would you go back to Dickenson's or try another beach...how well do you recommend?

It's getting close Smilee!!! We leave our house 3 weeks from yesterday! We were originally going to do Dickenson Beach, it sounded nice and easy to get to. Also I think there are good water "toys" including the jet ski. I did read that they migh not have parasailing there any more though. We are looking for jet skis on a beach as well. The kids and husband did it last year in the Bahamas and they had a blast! It's one request that the kids have that we really want to make happen at one of the ports.

3 weeks and counting!!! :D:D:D

Hi DrmnofMaui! Did you read anywhere else (or can anyone else confirm?) that the beach at Dickenson's is rocky in the water? Here's a quote from

Okglad2mom: "We stayed and made the most of it. It's still a pretty beach, but rocky not sandy in the water. They DO rent wave runners, can water ski, wind surfboard...just no parasailing." I've been thinking so far that I would taxi over to Castaways Restaurant on Jolly Beach and rent chairs, umbrellas there. ($6 per person EACH way). I thought someone had posted that they rent jet skis there too (don't think parasailing). Then I was thinking, maybe I should just stay close to port at Dickenson's. BUT I definitely wanted a sandy bottom beach. So I'm trying to figure that out now. This can be like buying a wedding dress, you know? Once you find one you love, STOP LOOKING, or you'll just confuse yourself! :eek:

That's what's happening to me here I think!

Hi okgladmom. Did you post somewhere that Dickenson's beach is actually rockey in the water, not sandy? Your pictures look lovely-the water looks crystal clear, but I don't want a beach that's very rocky. Would you go back to Dickenson's or try another beach...how well do you recommend?

Smileeface, we're getting a little off subject for this thread, but I know how important it is to get good information. We went to Dickenson specifically to parasail which is NOT available, in spite of what Tony's water sports website says. It is rocky after the first several steps and it got very, very crowded as the day went on. There are several resorts located there and that's where all those folks go as well as the cruise ship people. If I had it to do over again, I would check into another beach.

So just to clarify, the beach isn't rocky (it's quite beautiful,) but it's rocky once you get into the water. :)

Archived