Next cruise/C&A Savings question

I know they won't let me combine the next cruise OBC with a C&A Savings certificate, but has anyone ever used the next cruise for JUST the deposit and combined that with a C&A Savings? I have a cruise booked using a next cruise certificate (purchased in Jan 09) but now there's a C&A savings certificate for $150 off versus the $100 I'm getting with the next cruise cert. I realize now that buying the next cruise cert was a mistake since it's not combinable, so I want to just get the deposit amount on this cruise so I can get rid of it. I wanted to know if this is something anyone else has done before I mail in the C&A cert. and go through the hassle of explaining it to customer service.

You can choose which benefit you'd like to use.... I'd call C&A and ask them to remove the NextCruise OBC and add the coupon credit.
I have seen a policy [but of course can't find it right now] that RCI will automatically give you the largest one amount of any discount / coupon you have submitted. That said I'd follow the advice to call C&A.

I know they won't let me combine the next cruise OBC with a C&A Savings certificate, but has anyone ever used the next cruise for JUST the deposit and combined that with a C&A Savings? I have a cruise booked using a next cruise certificate (purchased in Jan 09) but now there's a C&A savings certificate for $150 off versus the $100 I'm getting with the next cruise cert. I realize now that buying the next cruise cert was a mistake since it's not combinable, so I want to just get the deposit amount on this cruise so I can get rid of it. I wanted to know if this is something anyone else has done before I mail in the C&A cert. and go through the hassle of explaining it to customer service.

Book the Next Cruise and wait 2 days and cancel it. You will get your $100 back.

Then book the same cruise using the C&A coupon. :)

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks for the responses! I called C&A and the only option is to cancel my current reservation and rebook with the coupon. I just thought maybe they'd see the logic in just switching the savings from the next cruise OBC to the C&A coupon.

At least I did get a great deal on a GS for this cruise!

Thanks for the responses! I called C&A and the only option is to cancel my current reservation and rebook with the coupon. I just thought maybe they'd see the logic in just switching the savings from the next cruise OBC to the C&A coupon.

At least I did get a great deal on a GS for this cruise!

That certainly would have made more sense... :rolleyes:

I'm glad it all worked out for you...

Thanks for bringing us up to date... :)

Archived