Any one use port promotions company in Alaska

sunnydazed

Probably wouldn't use them for individual tour but have used in Caribbean for groups and they were fine... that was a couple of years ago, used more than once. You can get a lot of tour info from local websites and on boards here. If there's a group of you and you don't want to go w/ ship than PP may be an option.

• 1 month later...

We were "stood up" for one tour in Skagway (White Pass Bus Up/Rail Down) through Port Promotions and are trying to get our money back. Another tour in Ketchikan (Orca Beach) only had one person signed up so the tour operator canceled the tour. We had to fight them on that day to offer another tour instead, which they finally did. There was no advance notice or we could have made other arrangements.

One tour (Whale watch) in Juneau worked out great.

I've heard to book with the cruise company for reliability and accountability and now I've seen it first hand. This was all June 2009.

I NEVER recommend Any booking agent for Alaska, and don't agree with the single "booking with the ship" either. It is simple and much better to book direct with the vendor in Alaska- vs any booking agent.

Get your confirmation direct, all your questions answered and no phone tag. Know all the cancelation policies involved first hand, no matter how you book. The ship has them too in some cases.

Archived