can anyone help me find this post?

karlanee

I'm looking for a thread I saw the other day about the people going overboard. Someone had posted a link that had stats on the overboard incidents on all the cruise ships over the past several years. Now I can't find it. Does someone know where it is? Please help!

Thanks

Interesting stats from People falling overboard

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found this in an article about the guy who was lost on the Celebration last week.

While falling from a cruise ship is a rare occurrence, a quick review of the Cruise News archives reveals that at least 11 passengers and crew have fallen overboard from a cruise ship since February of 2000. According to the information in our files:

- Males are much more likely to go overboard than females (9 vs. 2)

- Carnival passengers (6 incidents) are more likely to go overboard than passengers from other cruise lines...especially passengers on the Fascination (2 incidents)

- The average age of a passenger who goes overboard is 33 years old

- You are most likely to fall overboard on the last night of your cruise

- For some reason, people from Virginia go overboard more than others (3 incidents)

- Falling overboard does not necessarily mean you will die (3 people have been rescued, one after 18 hours in the water)

- Most people who fall overboard are either drunk or doing silly things (climbing on the railing or between cabin balconies)

No that's not it either. I've seen that one before.

This one was similar - but was only about overboard - it had a chart with the cruise ship and what it was suspected of being and the date it happened etc.

I guess will give up for awhile.

I don't recall seeing anything like that on the Carnival board... you may want to do a search on the term "overboard" and not just on this forum, the entire boards and you will have 100's of threads you can look through :D

Archived