HELP!! re-routed, need info please!!!

JLK22

HI All, Just learned that Roatan will be the port that Carnival is substituting for Cozumel. I leave this Saturday (:D Yeah) But am totally unfamiliar with this port. Since I dont have the hours of time it took me to research the other ports to determine what to do in this port I as hoping I could get some recommendations/suggestions. I am looking for something to do for me and my DS -9. He/we is an active/adventurous type.

We were planning on doing paradise beach in Coz, because he liked the beach with all the toys (trampolines, slides, kayaks, etc...) Anything like that there?

Also, it is jsut myself (single Mom) and DS, is this a port where I could feel safe venturing on my own rather than sticking with a ship excursion?

Any other suggestions?

I would greatly apreciate any help!

We were in Roatan last week. There is a nice shopping port at Coxen Hole and a dock, and a nice beach resort if you tender at Coral Cay, don't know where you will end up.

We left 2 people in Roatan because they didn't get back to the port until 2 hours after the ship left. Check to see if your ship is on local time or ships time.

We were on the Valor the week of April 12th and Roatan was our favorite stop. We booked the Tabyana Beach excursion through Carnival. It was just beautiful. For an extra fee, they had banana boating, parasailing and you could rent snorkeling equipment. There was also a gift shop, bathrooms, snack bar, beach bar,etc. Hope this helps.

Roatan is a wonderful place, but you need a plan. Wandering around the port area really isn't very nice and other than a little shopping there isn't much there. If you could book a day with Victor Bodden, his guide will take you to many different places and you can pick and choose what you'll like. The monkees at his place are a ton of fun and you can play with them. You can go zip-lining- Gumbalina Park is supposed to be great. There is an Iguana Sanctuary where they live freely and will eat out of your hands. There are a variety of beaches to go to. If you just want to do a beach day- Tabayana is supposed to be great, I've also read good review about Fins and Flippers. Anthony's Key is also supposed to be wonderful and they have a dolphin swim. Since you don't have alot of planning time, the Carnival excursion to Tabayna might be your best bet, but if you are interested in seeing the island and do a variety of activities, try and contact Victor. Just make a plan, otherwise you'll be disappointed. There are no beaches right by the port.

monkees at Victor's2693979940104390106S500x500Q85.jpg

Half Moon Bay2338379320104390106S500x500Q85.jpg2667897410104390106S500x500Q85.jpg

Barrier reef

Since its just you and your son, you can do Fins & Flippers for $20 each. Check out their website, http://www.finsandflippers.com.

If you want to see more of Roatan, check on your roll call for others to join you on a Victor Bodden tour. http://www.boddentours.com/tours I went with him last year with a group of teen girls and we had a great time for $25.00 each. We toured the island, went shopping, layed on a beautiful beach and did an add on Zip-line. The monkeys at his house were also a highlight of the day.

Have a Great Time.:)

We were in Roatan last week and did a zipline/beach excursion through shoretrips.com. It was my DH and myself, but there were several children in our group. (8-14) The price was $57/pp online.

They had a bus pick us up at the port take us to the zipline platforms. After that we loaded the bus and went to Foster's West Bay Beach for about 1 1/2 hours. The guides stayed at the beach with us and were very mindful of the time.

I would HIGHLY recommend this excursion, we are already looking into another cruise there just for this, lol

Have a great time

Thank you for all the info! I ended up booking with Victor Bodden as this board highly recommended him and it seemed to offer the most variety. Pretty much he told me that we could do whatever we wanted for the day!

Thanks again for the help!

Archived