My thoughts and prayers to Mexico

Greek66

I feel sad for the Mexican people. Many of the tour agencies that rely on us tourists are suffering just as many of us are. I hope this gets handled soon, so that the poor people won't have to suffer so much. My heart goes out to all of us affected by this terrible disease.

The Mexican people are one of the happiest and content cultures on earth. They are very different from us nervous USA folk. They are content and deeply religious. Anything that happens to them, they see as destiny. They are not wrapped up in worrying about income or death. They will be fine. All they need is a place to sleep, and a little to eat. They most look forward to sharing quality time, and a little food and drink, with family and friends. When times get tough, they spend more quality time together, so they are actually happier. They will continue to enjoy that lifestyle, no matter what pig bug bounces around.

Yes that is true. I remember when we went through the backroads in PV, the people lived in poverty, but the kids were so happy. It truly humbles you. I am glad to have a roof over my head.

You are so right. We were on the Splendor 3 weeks ago and got to go to the Mexican Ports. I think that Latino people in general share this outlook. I traveled to Peru and Ecuador with missionaries. It amazed me how people with so little can be so happy. I don't speak very good Spanish but what little that I could communicate with the kids was such fun. They were the most fun loving kids I ever met. They were so happy and content to just have a ball or a couple of sticks to play with. Then I came home to my own kids who have every toy and electronic game and device known to man and they tell me how bored they are. I just wish I could see my own kids laugh and smile as much as these kids. Our kids don't even get the opportunity to be kids any more. In many ways being poor can make you rich in living life.

The Mexican people are one of the happiest and content cultures on earth. They are very different from us nervous USA folk. They are content and deeply religious. Anything that happens to them, they see as destiny. They are not wrapped up in worrying about income or death. They will be fine. All they need is a place to sleep, and a little to eat. They most look forward to sharing quality time, and a little food and drink, with family and friends. When times get tough, they spend more quality time together, so they are actually happier. They will continue to enjoy that lifestyle, no matter what pig bug bounces around.

I don't know whether to laugh, or be angry - about such commentary.

I don't know whether to laugh, or be angry - about such commentary.

The same with me. I really thought it was a joke at first, but now think it is serious.

Sorry Bobnsofi, bad thinking and very rude against the mexican people.!!!!

Too easy to say they see it as destiny and they only need a place to sleep and might even happy to share time with friends and family.etc.

(Almost like in a comic book????)

Most Mexicans are hard working people who want a good education and future for their kids and they care about their family members.

Of course they prefer to work and have a decent income. For those without jobs (and no income) because of the flu this is a disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree! I have so many friends who are business owners and employees in Cabo and this is killing them! Many are now out of work and unable to support their familes, make their house payments or pay their rent. They are not happy to just have a little food! They are unable to make their childrens tuition payments or their car payments. You make it sound like they all live in poverty in a little hut somewhere.

They are in a very bad situation now and are certainly feeling it. Many of the regulars over on trip advisor have not canceled their trips and will be going there and spending some money to help where they can just as I will next month. I hope the cruiselines wake up soon and see that not all of Mexico is reporting flu cases and will start making their port calls again. If not I don't see how many of the businesses there will survive.:(

I agree! I have so many friends who are business owners and employees in Cabo and this is killing them! Many are now out of work and unable to support their familes, make their house payments or pay their rent. They are not happy to just have a little food! They are unable to make their childrens tuition payments or their car payments. You make it sound like they all live in poverty in a little hut somewhere.

They are in a very bad situation now and are certainly feeling it. Many of the regulars over on trip advisor have not canceled their trips and will be going there and spending some money to help where they can just as I will next month. I hope the cruiselines wake up soon and see that not all of Mexico is reporting flu cases and will start making their port calls again. If not I don't see how many of the businesses there will survive.:(

This is true with my friends living in Puerto Vallarta as well. If I couldI would be on that first plane down there to show my support.

This is so stupid, I was just in Edmonton Ab with more confirmed cases of this flu then PV and it was business as usual and yet PC, Cabo and many other West Coast towns of Mexico are being made to suffer :mad:

Archived