Do you take pictures of your food?

fernoppi

I will be taking off in 7 hours! its almost midnight here and im not quite ready yet!!!

anyway....i will take as many food pictures as i can and i dont care if anyone gives me weird looks. maybe i will upload and share them when i return

ta ta for nowwwwww

Yes!!!!!!! I definitely take pics of my meals. They make for great additions to my cruise journals and are probably the reason these are usually about 50 pages long...

That said, I normally try to take 2 pictures each time; once with flash and once without. Most of the time the pictures taken without the flash come out better but every once in a while the flash does help. Afterwards, I just delete the one that came out worse.

I take pictures of food. I've been taking them for a few years. I always ask my table mates if they would be offended if I took pictures and the flash went off. They've always said they didn't mind and in fact offer to pose their plates. In fact some have been offended when I find their entree selections to not be photogenic.

Here's where to find my photos of food from my recent Star Princess cruise:

The complete set (going back to a cruise in 2004) are at:

Jackie

Yes, I have. I really don't pay much attention to my tablemates but DH gets fussy. He is not allowed to life a fork until I get the perfect shot. These are from my Carnival album. I still have fond memories of each meal

I laughed when you said that, my daughter did that to her BF in St. Thomas! "Wait! Hold on! Lemme get a good picture!"

My cruise albums are full of food photos! The best was RCI's Savor Luncheon on the Explorer of the Seas! If you take that ship do the lunch it is AWESOME!!!! I wish they offered it on all their ships.My friends just got back from a river cruise from Paris to Normandy,it was a beautiful trip but while looking at their photos and them describing the stellar meals, I asked well where are the pictures of the food. They looked at me like,what do you mean??? Guess what next time they will be taking pics!!!! We are a sick bunch, Huh? LOL

Not too be too "deep" with this, I would think, just me thinking, mind you, that whether a person takes pictures of food, or wants to, or even thinks you might, could be part of his being and how he feels about food. If eating is an event, a family gathering, a social thing, and if food is fun, artistic, creative, then the meals aboard the ship will deserve photo's just like any other event. But, if food is only a means to an end, remove hunger, and anything will do, also easy to stop eating when full....sigh....along with a background in very simple food, and little curiosity about anything different, well, easy to see, pictures of food have no place in your album. Just wish I could love food and not look like it!!

if I can figure out the cut, copy, paste I will put one on here from the savor lunch let me work on that...you are so right..... "some people eat to live"...SIGH.... "some people live to eat"...( Ah,and That would be ME!:rolleyes:)

On our first cruise, I only took pix of the buffets...Second cruise, I took pictures of all of our meals (our friends were our tablemates, and they did pick on me) but I have pix to look back at and remember, and I can email them to them to remind them of our wonderful meals.:D

Our tablemates took pictures of the food on our last cruise, at almost every dinner. I had never seen that done before. Rarely have I seen food so unusual or spectacular that I would want to take a picture. I have taken pictures of ice carvings and chocolate sculptures.

Please...... the midnight buffet used to open early JUST FOR PICTURES. People lined up just to take pictures before it was opened for eating....

Taking pictures of the food is as much a tradition as .... well taking pictures of the Drinks...

Oh... Am I the only one who does that?

Well, I'm a little bit late on this thread but we've taken pictures of our meals (and even sushi as well) over the last couple of cruises for our memories. The first cruise that we did this on, after a year, we couldn't remember who had what and what night it was on. This last cruise, we've started journaling along with the pictures as our records of our cruise. This is the best thing for my short term memory.

Sushi

2217186600098903857S500x500Q85.jpg

Fillet

2717502400098903857S500x500Q85.jpg

Grilled lobster lunch on excursion in Antigua

2025695580098903857S500x500Q85.jpg

It never stood a chance.:D

2003453670098903857S500x500Q85.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

omgg i JUSt stumbled upon this page . i LOVE food .. n my bf takes pics of food ALLLLLLLLL the time .. EVERYWHERE .. totally normal .. its jus so pretty how they place everything. n they're great memories to look back on n think how yummmmyyy that dish was .. mmmm foood <3

DW is slightly embarassed:o by the fact that over 1/2 our pictures and 3 clips on the video from our Carnival Legend cruise were of food:D. I took a picture of every dish at dinner plus lunch buffet line dishes, breakfast, and shore excursions. Still working on getting them organized and up on Flickr for a "RoadFood Trip Forum" posting. Could do the same here, but I think there'll be a lot of repeats from othe rposts.

I love to take pictures of my food and everyone else's at the table too. I scrapbook my photos and food pictures make for some great pages. I think lots of people do this. Why not - staff go to a lot of trouble with the presentation.

Taking pictures of the food is as much a tradition as .... well taking pictures of the Drinks...

Oh... Am I the only one who does that?

Only once did I ever take a picture of a drink.. :cool:

Gear-1088.jpg

omgg i JUSt stumbled upon this page . i LOVE food .. n my bf takes pics of food ALLLLLLLLL the time ..

EVERYWHERE .. totally normal .. its jus so pretty how they place everything.

- they're great memories to look back on n think how yummmmyyy that dish was .. mmmm foood <3

I tend to take pictures of Dining Rooms..

DR-066.jpg

DR-065.jpg

a lot more than I do...

of food..

Dining-075.jpg

Pizza-1.jpg

Geez..I hope Pizza qualifies..? :o

Archived