Do you take pictures of your food?

fernoppi

I've ALWAYS taken photos of my food. Whether it's on a cruise, in a nice restaurant - or even something beautiful I've made at home. If we're at a nice restaurant I'll just use my iPhone to take the photos, but if I'm at home or on a cruise, I break out the SLR. LOL! Food is art people

:D

The DH and I often snap pics of food we make at home - everything from french toast dusted with confectioners sugar and blueberry pancakes to grilled chicken salads and great big burgers, to homemade cookies, cakes and pastries.

We intend to take pictures of the cuisine on our cruise, and yes, we will include some of them in our scrapbook! I see the pictures as helping to present a complete and rounded example of what our experience was like - something sure to bring back happy memories for many years to come. :)

I always take pictures of food. I didn't even realize that there were people out there who had issues with or would hesitate to take pictures of food ... until I read this thread! :) And besides, if camera manufacturers are making cameras with a food setting, there are plenty of people taking pictures of food.

I have never taken pics of food at restaurants or anything like that. Im more concerned about eating it rather than photographing it but I probably will take pics on my upcoming cruise..:p Why Not?! :p

I'll add the food pics to my others...Hopefully they will make for GREAT memories..Lol

I always take pictures of the local food when I travel on a land trip.. it helps me try to re-create the stuff at home. On our HAL trip, I took lots of pictures of the Dutch and Phillipino tea. It's a nice reminder of the excellent service and all of that yummy chocolate!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My husband and I are in the process of booking our 1st cruise but yes I will take pictures of my food there, just like I do every time we eat out. My husband is so used to it now, that before he eats any of his meal he knows to clear around it and prepare it to have it photographed.

Sometimes people wonder what I am doing or the owner of a restaurant will come and ask me questions but for the most part, people don't care. I love looking back over my food/travel journals and sharing pictures of great meals with people.:)

403530280_ShinesSupperatInsadong.jpg.00dc08f6c4664ab57a7a6df243ebdb28.jpg

I haven't taken pictures of anything in a long time because I don't have a digital camera. I tried to take pictures of some food on my last cruise with a film camera, but they didn't come out very well. I love the pictures everyone else takes. It definitely helps when it comes to ordering new things.

My Partner and I enjoy the entire dining experience. We particularly observe the manner and style of the presentation of the food. On one of our cruises we dined with a couple where the wife took pictures of the food. One of us celebrated our birthday at one of the specialty restaurants. It was nice not only having the truly wonderful memory of a great evening spent with dear new friends but alot having the photos of our meals.

• 1 month later...

Archived