Post cruise tour with transportation to ANC

grammy3261

My husband and I are on the Celebrity Millenium northbound cruise to Alaska in late June. Since our flight doesn't leave until 9:30 p.m. in Anchorage the day we disembark, I'd like to take a tour of Kenai Fjords and then take the train to Anchorage. Celebrity offers a tour but it's only for people with later flights. Does anyone know of a company who will take us on a tour and hold our luggage until we can catch the train to Anchorage? Also, where does the train take us? To the airport? Thanks!

Sorry, this is not an option for you. The train leaves 6pm and arrives in Anchorage after 10pm. Frankly, I suggest you change your flight.

Your ONLY option for a Kenai Fjords boat tour, is to get yourself off your ship by 7am, and get on an 8am boat tour. THEN you will need to find transportation via bus- listings http://www.seward.com or rent a one way, and costly car to Anchoage via Hertz.

I'm disappointed to hear that! If we take the transportation that the cruise line offers, I'm assuming we'll arrive fairly early in Anchorage. Do you know if we could pick up some type of tour at ANC and not have to wait in the airport all that time? Thanks for your advice!

In my opinon, there is nothing of comparism in Anchorage. If you truely wish to make the most of your time, again, my 8am boat tour suggestion with a car rental, is accurate advice. With a car rental, you have the ease of having your bags with you and the ability to drive yourself to the airport. Simple.

Archived