major marine tours

misspuss

Has anyone taken this companys Prince William Sound cruise our of Whittier?

Was it a good experiance? The offer a lunch for $19.00. Anyone tried it? Any information would be much appriciated.

Sue

Has anyone taken this companys Prince William Sound cruise our of Whittier?

Was it a good experiance? The offer a lunch for $19.00. Anyone tried it? Any information would be much appriciated.

Sue

We did this tour last year and had a wonderful time. Enjoyed it so much we are doing it again on May 25th.

We liked the fact that we were assigned to a table and always came back to the same spot when we wanted to come inside the cabin. The captain was great about not trying to rush our time at the glaciers - even asked us if we were ready to move on or did we want to stay a little longer. Ranger on board gave us a nice narration and answered questions anyone had. Also, had a Jr. Ranger program for the younger kids. Saw lots of wildlife and calving at the glaciers. Just a great experience overall.

The food was your typical buffet type fare - we did it last time but will probably just opt for a hot dog from the snack bar this time. Most of the people on board seemed to enjoy the buffet and there was even a call for seconds after everyone had been served.

FYI - There is a 2 for 1 coupon in the Northern Lights Coupon book for this excursion.

I have sailed with Major Marine (now part of Renown) several times. Very well run company.

For me, the "assigned" seats mean little. Once you plop down in ANY seat on these boat tours- it's yours. Have taken Alaska boat tours multiple times. I can be picky about where I sit.

Food is OK.

Archived