Inspiration R106

fdlafon

What can you tell me about this room? We are a family of 5. we chose to bunk together because my kids are only 14, 11, and 8. I really didn't want them in their own room yet.

We also don't think we will spend a ton of time in the room, but do you think it will sleep us comfortably?

How large is the bathroom? Closet space acceptable for a family of 5.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Wow. Five folk in 185 square feet. Okay location as it is midships and very low

on the ship so should be a smooth ride. The bath is standard (which is small)

about 35 square feet. Closets are very small but lots of drawers and you can

use the space under the beds to stow away a suite case or two, and perhaps

sweet talk the cabin stew to store your other suite cases somewhere else.

Enjoy your cruise should be an adventure!

We sailed our first cruise on the Sensation (sister to the Inspiration) with 5 people to an inside cabin- It was me and 4 kids ages 13, 15, 17 & 19.

Shower time will be quite hectic- Make a schedule now and stick with it. Cabin is too small for you all to be in the room while getting ready for dinner.

But what we did-- we went to the gym to take showers- showers are a lot bigger in the gym. (in the cabin they are quite small.- you will not fit 2 people in there at the same time getting ready)

I suggest that you keep the beds on the floor seperated-- you will not be sleeping next to your spouse as this will take up precious floor space. Keeping the beds seperated and against the wall-- youwill have floor space to put the roll away.

You will unpack ALL of your luggage- Hang up as much as possible. Store the empty luggage under the bed. put smaller bags into the bigger bags Put dirty clothes back in the luggage (so not make a mountain of dirty clothes in a corner.) Do NOT live out of suitcases for the week

You gotta keep the cabin somewhat orgainzed--if not the cabin will close in on you half way through. Use an over the door shoe holder (available at the dollar store--throw away when you are done) this keeps all that stuff off the vanity-- WHich is the only table top in the room.

get the kids lanyards for their sign and sail card-- you can get a hole punched at the pursers desk. (hang them on the hook in the room when they are not being used--

Bring an alarm clock- inside rooms are extremely dark 24 hours a day- your body will sleep a lot of the day away of you dont get up.

click on the pics to make them bigger

here is a pic of a bathroom- your will look similiar

453733868LPRCJS_th.jpg

gym showers

87119526WKsvbZ_th.jpg

your shower.

164471303ubwdjS_th.jpg

here is a photo of the room with the beds pushed together--

put th beds on the floor UNDER the upper beds and use that floor space for the roll away

2336185950097654989iqLCHE_th.jpg

the rollaway will fit right in the middle of the beds-- like this

2049548570095049190ycftjk_th.jpg

What fabulous suggestions - THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

It's nice to hear all of this in advance that will allow us to be organized once we get there. We are really lookign forward to it and we still ahve three months of waiting! LOL

Oh my goodness . . . what a difference! That is a great suggestion too! Can kids go in the gym shower?

Thank you serene.

As long as there is an adult with them-- yes. I dont think we used the shower in the cabin all week- it just was not going to work for us. That is why we did the gym showers-- the 13 year old went with me-- and the rest with my oldest son. they jsut went in--took care of business and got out.

you are aware that all three kids will be in seperate camps. 6-8 9-11 (which can sign themselves in and out) and 12-14 (which is the hardest of the camps since these kids are too cool for themselves---lol

you are aware that all three kids will be in seperate camps. 6-8 9-11 (which can sign themselves in and out) and 12-14 (which is the hardest of the camps since these kids are too cool for themselves---lol

By the time we actually sail, my middle son will be 12, so he will bein the 'too cool' camp. (You hit that one right on the head! lol)

I posted earlier about wishing to see the Club C capers, but noone has responded, so we are hoping for some good fun for them!

well camps stuff might not go from week to week. Counselors really hate when pages are posted because parents see that stuff posted-- think something is cool and when they dont do it they are rather miffed.

So if you do see camp pages online--use them as guidlines only. Do NOT promise the kids-- ok look you can do this-- because suppose if you cant?

with that being said-- here are some you can check out.

also if you google Carnival Camp Capers you will see lots more

Archived