floatplane tour juneau

my72

I was planning on taking a floatplane excursion while I was in Juneau in August. I have been checking on pricing for this excursion and found it being offered by Goldbelt tours for $155 per person. This price is much cheaper than the cruise ship price. Does anyone know of any problems that I may encounter by booking through through Goldbelt and not booking through the cruise ship. Thank you for any advice.

I contacted Goldbelt tours. They are merely a booking agency.

The float plane tour is offered by Wings of Alaska and the current price is $170 for the flight only and $240 with the landing at Taku Lodge and the Salmon bake.

http://www.wingsairways.com/juneau-glacier-flightseeing.html

I have not yet begun my cruise so I cannot give you any first hand review.

I never recommend using any booking agent for Alaska tours, you are FAR better booking direct. Getting a confirmed reservation, all your questions answered. No misinformation, no phone tag. Confirmed timing acceptable for your cruiseship schedule.

In my opinion, IF this is for glacier flightseeing, it is way superior to do this via helicopter. I have done both many times. Doing Taku Lodge is a great option to consider.

Which one is better to book with? Although we prefer the warm Caribbean, we plan a cruise up there and want to see something. Also, any recommendations for a helicopter tour? Thanks! (can you get kids on these tours?)

Yes, kids go flightseeing. There are 4 helicopter companies out of Juneau and 1 out of Skagway. Do your homework and find out about the different tours offered.

It will depend on your budget, perhaps, what you book?? Longer, overall is "better". But, in my opinion, not at the expense of skipping another tour of interest.

Budget Queen or anyone else, could you tell me what is the difference in the kinds of views that I get floatplane verses helicopter. Differences such as does the floatplane fly much higher (meaning you really are too high to see anything in detail)? Does the helicopter tour specialize in glacier viewing verses just a general fly over the area. Both tours say you may see wildlife. Can you really see the wildlife or are you just to high to see anything in detail?

Archived