Referral Coupon Thread- This is the only one!

Greetings, everyone. We are thrilled to be sailing the Odyssey for the first time, celebrating our two "big" birthdays. When we saw the DVD and read all the information here and elsewhere about the line, we knew Seabourn was for us.

If anyone would be willing to share their referral coupon with us, we would be so grateful. We live in Northern California, and come swell or high water, we will be sailing on December 10th! :)

Veronica and Steven

ladyvkt@yahoo.com

Hi.......my daughter and I have just booked and paid for the Nov 14-28 cruise on the Odyssey. I'm hoping that someone will be kind enough to send us one of the coupons. We sure would enjoy some excursions or spa treatments.

If you happen to be on the same cruise we could buy you a drink and pay your mailing costs. :)

Hi.......my daughter and I have just booked and paid for the Nov 14-28 cruise on the Odyssey. I'm hoping that someone will be kind enough to send us one of the coupons. We sure would enjoy some excursions or spa treatments.

If you happen to be on the same cruise we could buy you a drink and pay your mailing costs. :)

Welcome to the Seabourn Board and soon to the Seabourn family!

Good choice..... enjoy your cruise!

Marja

I just spoke with someone at Seaborn who said that the person making the referral has to notify Seaborn, not the first time passenger. She also indicated that we wouldn't find out if it had been authorized until we boarded the ship. She did confirm that it is $400 per suite.

This doesn't sound like what I have understood from this thread.

From what I understand, the person who has sailed first requests their two coupons, then they are free to give it out to whoever they like. It comes with that persons name and number on it with blanks for the first-timer.

My donor filled in my info and sent me the coupon which I submitted to my TA. They, in turn, sent it on to Seabourn.

Qualification is based on you being a first-timer and their coupons not having expired from their two year limit.

The reason the donor needs to make contact likely only has to do with their selecting which future cruise they want to apply the credit to. I hope.

Edited by Farscaper
Afterthought.

I just spoke with someone at Seaborn who said that the person making the referral has to notify Seaborn, not the first time passenger. She also indicated that we wouldn't find out if it had been authorized until we boarded the ship. She did confirm that it is $400 per suite.

This doesn't sound like what I have understood from this thread.

The veteran passenger can request 2 coupons. They are mailed to that person. In turn he/she gives the coupon to the new passenger to fill out (thier information- vets info pre-printed) The new passenger forwards to their TA or Seabourn. Upon sailing the new passenger will receive $400 SBC. The vet will receive a coupon (voucher) for their $400 SBC, sent in at or about final payment.

Host Dan

Edited by Host Dan

Thanks to Dan and Farscaper for the information..that's how I had understood it from this thread and think maybe I didn't ask the question of Seabourn properly.

My cruise is Nov 14th so I still have some time to wait patiently in hope that a former sailor will have a voucher that could be passed on to me.

As well, I will have 2 vouchers after my cruise to pass along to someone in the new year.

I can be reached at ssheatherathotmail.com

The veteran passenger can request 2 coupons. They are mailed to that person. In turn he/she gives the coupon to the new passenger to fill out (thier information- vets info pre-printed) The new passenger forwards to their TA or Seabourn. Upon sailing the new passenger will receive $400 SBC. The vet will receive a coupon (voucher) for their $400 SBC, sent in at or about final payment.

Host Dan

Dan, you and Farscaper basically wrote the same I think, but what I never received as a "vet" having referred somebody, was a coupon or voucher! Normally Seabourn will apply the $ 400,- SBC or OBC to the "vet's" first upcoming sailing, unless you ask them to apply it to another cruise in the future. One can only apply ONE coupon per booking number.

Have a nice weekend all!

Marja

Dan, you and Farscaper basically wrote the same I think, but what I never received as a "vet" having referred somebody, was a coupon or voucher! Normally Seabourn will apply the $ 400,- SBC or OBC to the "vet's" first upcoming sailing, unless you ask them to apply it to another cruise in the future. One can only apply ONE coupon per booking number.

Have a nice weekend all!

Marja

The voucher is something new. Probably a way of not honoring the SBC if you forget to mail it in. ;)

Host Dan

I faxed my t/a a $400 coupon, he then faxed it to seabourn, is this all i need to do except make final payment? does seabourn need the original coupon? final is due this friday and i dont want to miss out on the $400. thank you

My DW and I are enthusiastically looking forward to our first trip on Seabourn -- Legend's December 7th sailing from Puerto Caldera to FLL. We have heard such great things about Seabourn, that I am sure we will have a wonderful time.

If any of you kind "veterans" would care to, we would be most appreciative of a referral coupon. We have made our deposit, and the final payment is due in less than a month. Not complaining, just pointing out that you should have your credit posted fairly quickly.

Again, thanks in advance -- if it works, great, if not, I am sure we will join the legions of Seabourn evangelists.

My husband and I are booked on the December 9th sailing of the Spirit. We would so appreciate it if any of you would have an extra referral coupon that you could spare. (Two kids in college- we need all the help we can get!) Thanks a million!

cred62 at gmail dot com

My husband and I are booked on the December 9th sailing of the Spirit. We would so appreciate it if any of you would have an extra referral coupon that you could spare. (Two kids in college- we need all the help we can get!) Thanks a million!

cred62 at gmail dot com

I have an extra coupon and am willing to give it to you. Do you not think it is too early to apply? You may e-mail me at jurban622@charter.net. By the way, I am on the same sailing.

Many thanks to the CC member who provided a referral coupon to us for our upcoming Greek Islands cruise. We really appreciate it! :D

Deb and Mike

You are very welcome Deb. Jim and I will board the Spirit in Rome Oct 24 and then the Odyssey Nov 14 so we will use our referral $400 just around the corner now. Have a great time in Greece and save some bread sticks for us in Nov. Robbie

Our final payment is due the first week of September and I am still looking for a veteran out there willing to give up a precious referral coupon.I know they're rare, but will keep crossing my fingers that someone will be compelled to toss one my way. Thank you!!

My husband and I will be taking our first Seabourn Cruise in December - our final payment is due in early September. Our last two cruises have been on the Regent Mariner, and we are very much looking forward to trying Seabourn.

If anyone has a referral coupon that they would be willing to share, please contact us at sandpr@shaw.ca. We live in Vancouver, British Columbia.

My husband and I will be taking our first Seabourn cruise on December 2, a Caribbean cruise on the Spirit. We are looking forward to the small and intimate ship ambience that everyone seems love. We would really appreciate it if anyone has a referral coupon they are willing to share. Our payment date is coming up soon, Sept.3rd. Please contact us at lclauria@mindspring.com

Thank you very much!

• 2 weeks later...
We are UK resident new-to-Seabourn cruisers off to the Norwegian Fjords in the summer. Have read with interest the posts on referral coupons on this site and think I almost understand the system. So, does anyone have a coupon which we could use/share? Would at least help those of us who have to otherwise use the puny £ sterling!

Tucruisers

I have one left, when are you sailing. I will be aboard the Pride from 29th Aug til 24th September.

Champers,

It looks like Trucruisers may have already sailed this summer. Hope they were able to get a coupon before their final payment.

If Trucruises is not able to use the coupon you have available, is there any chance you may be willing to share with us? Please feel free to E-mail if we can work it out:

lclauria "at" mindspring dot com

Thank you so much

just retired and taking our first seabourn cruise in december-sounds great.

we must make final payment in about two weeks. so, is there anyone out there in cruise land that would be willing and able to send us a referral coupon voucher? would be greatly appreciated.

we live in memphis tennessee and our e mail address is bkwats@aol.com

thanks again.

gary