Referral Coupon Thread- This is the only one!

My family and I are first time cruisers, on Odyssey from Venice on August 1. This is a repost of an earlier request, just want to re-ask as we leave Texas on July 28 and would love to get a referral coupon asap. I would be willing to pay for overnight Fedexing of any coupon to us in Austin, Texas.

Please reply here and we can exchange information.

thanks so much!

Can you refer two different people/couples? If so, do you get double OBC?

Also, Seabourn sent me two coupons. Presumably, only one is needed per couple/suite. Is that correct?

Do you have a referral coupon you would like to pass on? If yes, please contact me at mdaniller@daniller.com. We'd love to get one (and Seabourn says only one is needed per couple/suite.) We leave on our trip soon . . .

thanks!

Can you refer two different people/couples? If so, do you get double OBC?

Also, Seabourn sent me two coupons. Presumably, only one is needed per couple/suite. Is that correct?

You are right, just one is needed! So you could refer two people/couples.

You get just one OBC per cruise (read: booking number) yourself.

Marja

Its me again.....We would really love a referral coupon. I originally posted on June 12th and have not received a response. We are long time cruisers. Regent has been our favorite and we have heard so many good things about Seabourn and can't wait to give it a try. Looking forward to the Odyssey in November. I am celebrating my birthday on the cruise. We will be in Antigua on that day. We live in Newport, Oregon. Thank you so much....

kcsouthbeach@netscape.com

Edited by parisbully

Hello, cruisers -

My parents are booked on their first Seabourn cruise (and, give or take one Greek Isles cruise, their first "real" cruise) this coming Aug 15th - Seabourn Spirit - I understand that they have already paid in full and they are definitely going. They aren't (yet!) members of this board, so I thought I would post this referral coupon request on their behalf. They are in Indiana, I am in Los Angeles - please reply by private message if you can assist (email listed in my profile - at least for now), and I will provide my email address, their contact details - I can provide a FedEx account number to use. And if you're going on their cruise, all the better! Thanks. :D

Edited by LAEsquire

The coupon entitles the new cruiser to a $400 ship board credit, and the referring past passenger the same on their next cruise. The coupon is due at the time of final payment. (This is why I suggested that you ask for one when you know you will be sailing).

Host Dan

Dan, thank you so much for the very clear explanation regarding Seabourn coupons. We will be first time cruisers on Seabourn next Spring (March 2010) so of course I won't inquired about the possibility of receiving the wonderful gift of one of these coupons until closer to our final payment date, but you can trust I will besure to mark this as "A To Do" on my calendar.

Since this is our 1st time on Seabourn I'm reading everything I can find here on cc.

Shirley

You are right, just one is needed! So you could refer two people/couples.

You get just one OBC per cruise (read: booking number) yourself.

Marja

Just when I thought I had it figured out, you bring up an interesting point.

I assume (and you know what happens then) that each individual who sails gets a referral coupon, hence the two which are apparently available to gift away to new clients.

However, as written on the referral coupon, when redeemed, the $400 OBC is for the suite only, not per person.

Just when I thought I had it figured out, you bring up an interesting point.

I assume (and you know what happens then) that each individual who sails gets a referral coupon, hence the two which are apparently available to gift away to new clients.

However, as written on the referral coupon, when redeemed, the $400 OBC is for the suite only, not per person.

My wife and I have individual club numbers and received two referral coupons each.

My wife and I have individual club numbers and received two referral coupons each.

We have recently booked our 1st cruise aboard the Seabourn Legend for next March. While I know and respect that it is too early to ask you about the possibility of receiving one of your valuable referral coupons, hopefully when the time arrives that it would be appropriate to request a referral you might remember my husband and myself as "The Wandering Wino's" of California and if possible provide us with one of the much sought after referral coupons.

Until then, thank you for all the wonderful information that we are reading about the Seabourn cruises.

Have a wonderful summer.

Shirley Thiel .

Hi all,

So many thanks to all of you for your wonderful information about Seabourn! So appreciated and helpful and informative.

We are going on our first Seabourn cruise in a few months and would love to have a referral coupon from anyone willing to send us one.

If you are willing, I am happy to pay any mailing charges, etc.

Thank you for your consideration. My email is Jen7677@aol.com.

Jennifer

Edited by Jen7677

This may be OT, but perhaps not. I just wanted to praise Seabourn's customer service and also to send a heads-up to folks.

I mailed our Referral Coupon to Seabourn a couple of weeks ago but it has not yet arrived (and the date for our final payment is fast approaching! :eek:). Luckily, I sent it by Certified Mail and so could track its progress (or lack thereof :rolleyes:) and I also then had evidence that it had in fact been sent . I called Seabourn and talked with their reservations department. In spite of the wandering original coupon, Seabourn has accepted a copy of it and will honor it. All the great things I have read about Seabourn customer service are true!! What a great company to do business with.

The morals of this story are:

1) make a copy of the coupon before you send it out,

2) send it by certified mail or another way that it can be tracked and

3) then be sure to check that it has (or has not) arrived,

4) give yourself some lead time between sending in your coupon (either to Seabourn directly or to your TA) and the date your final payment is due, and - most important -

5) cruise with Seabourn!!

Hi Jassy , Thank you for the heads up about sending the coupon registered delivery. I have sent mine direct to seabourn ( not sure I would fully trust the TA to forward it) I asked for confirmation that it had been received and the OBC applied... still waiting, but at least I know that they have had the coupon as we can track the mail online.

Looking forward to our departure date.

Linda

We have recently booked our 1st cruise aboard the Seabourn Legend for next March. While I know and respect that it is too early to ask you about the possibility of receiving one of your valuable referral coupons' date=' hopefully when the time arrives that it would be appropriate to request a referral you might remember my husband and myself as "The Wandering Wino's" of California and if possible provide us with one of the much sought after referral coupons.[/size']

Until then, thank you for all the wonderful information that we are reading about the Seabourn cruises.

Have a wonderful summer.

Shirley Thiel .

Hi--did you get your coupons? If not I may have a friend who has two! Let me know! Don

for the great tips. I sent my referral coupon by registered mail and I sent a copy to my TA so he has it in case it becomes necessary he can deal with Seabourn on my behalf. By the way, we made final payment - wasn't due for more than a month but the Canadian dollar exchange rate is very favorable at the moment. More $$ to spend at the SPA!

Don' date=' how kind of you to think of us. No we haven't secure one of those coveted coupons. [/font']

Here is my email address

shirthiel@mac.com

Thank you so much for thinking of us.

Shirley

Will contact my friend and give him your address. He then will have to contact Seabourne and they will send to him...he will in turn send on to you. You give this coupon to your TA with your final payment. You are going to love SB..it is the best. Don ;)

Will contact my friend and give him your address. He then will have to contact Seabourne and they will send to him...he will in turn send on to you. You give this coupon to your TA with your final payment. You are going to love SB..it is the best. Don ;)

Don again thank you for helping us with this, and yes we are so looking forward to our 1st cruise aboard a Seabourn Yacht. In fact we were having dinner at our fiends home last night, the couple that will be joining us on this adventure. I had received a DVD from Seabourn and after dinner we watched with great interest all the wonderful amenities that SB offers. We may be 1st timers on SB but because of cc we will be ready to enjoy the best of the best.

Enjoy your weekend. The U.S. Open of Surfing is here in Huntington Beach aka Surf City this week so us "old folks";) are trying to stay out of their way.

Shirley

I passed your info on to my friend, and you met us last night when you watched the Seabourn DVD--Lola and are in the Seabourn Stories section--Lola once-- me twice--thats because I was twice as good as she was!!! Don

We are sailing on our first Seaborn cruise in early December. The final payment is due the first week in September. I've read with interest about the coupon for first time cruisers. It's a bit uncomfortable asking someone I don't know to consider sending one to me, but if there is anyone who would like to have their coupon used, I promise that we will be taking this trip. It's a 50th anniversary celebration and there's little that could keep us from going.

Thanks so much to everyone for all the good info I've found on the message boards.

Rochelle

rparisi@aol.com

We are sailing on our first Seaborn cruise in early December. The final payment is due the first week in September. I've read with interest about the coupon for first time cruisers. It's a bit uncomfortable asking someone I don't know to consider sending one to me, but if there is anyone who would like to have their coupon used, I promise that we will be taking this trip. It's a 50th anniversary celebration and there's little that could keep us from going.

Thanks so much to everyone for all the good info I've found on the message boards.

Rochelle

rparisi@aol.com

Where are you Rochelle? I've got a coupon that I can send in the UK.

Hello all, and thank you very much for ensuring that our very first cruise will be an enjoyable one. We've learned a great deal from reading your posts.

My wife and I are set to cruise on Nov 28th on the Odyssey and would appreciate a referral coupon.

We're looking forward to having a great time and making new friends.

Tom and Andrea K.

Frederick, MD

tklin001@umaryland.edu