Help! Price drop

saherri

My stateroom has dropped $40/pp and carnival says there is nothing they can do for me. I am in a room that is as high as you can go with out going to a suite. They said all they can do is move me up a category, but I would have to pay the difference of $900 to go to a suite. They no longer give on board credit. What can I do?:confused:

My stateroom has dropped $40/pp and carnival says there is nothing they can do for me. I am in a room that is as high as you can go with out going to a suite. They said all they can do is move me up a category, but I would have to pay the difference of $900 to go to a suite. They no longer give on board credit. What can I do?:confused:

There is no credit after final payment(penalty phase) unless you booked using early savers program.

There's is nothing to help you. I can't get anymore reductions either because I don't have the early saver (no refunds) package. Are you booked guarantee or you picked your room?

Go and enjoy your cruise.:)

Bill

Fortunately (?) when we found ourselves in this situation last week our cruise was one affected by the Swine Flu changes and subsequent opportunity to cancel for full credit. I canceled within the allotted time frame and re-booked the exact same cruise; ended up with a healthier OBC and a same-class stateroom in a slightly better location.

You already have the answer to your question...

Apparently you believed the price you paid was acceptable when you booked.

The price of many cruises goes down after final payment.

$80 is not a whole lot of money, so you can still have a great time using the reservation you felt was acceptable when you booked it.

Enjoy.

If you cruise again, explore the different booking options so this will not be an issue again. Early Saver allows price adjustments up to 2 days before sailing, but also has some serious restrictions. Read the fine print.

Fortunately (?) when we found ourselves in this situation last week our cruise was one affected by the Swine Flu changes and subsequent opportunity to cancel for full credit. I canceled within the allotted time frame and re-booked the exact same cruise; ended up with a healthier OBC and a same-class stateroom in a slightly better location.

OOOOOOOOOOOO - I like this one.

I would have never thought to do that.

;)

Archived