Has anyone used Galveston Park N Cruise?

Kathy0418

I did. They said 11:30. I thought that was a ridiculous answer! If I hadn't already paid them, I would not be using them. Plenty of hotels offer free parking, including ours, as I have now realized. Oh Well. Live and Learn...

I bet they are going on past history of embarkation/disembarkation lately! That's their recommended time most likely. You can always try getting there earlier and see how things are going. You'll be able to look at the Galveston webcams on galveston.com and see if the ship is in port early that morning. If so, you shouldn't have a problem!

Not to worry! We just used them and we dropped off the car at about 10:30... very friendly and no problem. We walked right into the nearly empty terminal and were on the ship by 11:00.

I had never thought of ASKING how early we could drop the car off, and usually did so just as soon as we thought they would start letting people in the terminal. Just drive up when you think it is a good time and they will greet you and direct you to a parking spot.

Edited by James in SA

• 1 month later...
I just booked online ~ prepaid indoor parking ~ it was $45 for a 5-day cruise.

The terms and conditions for booking says ~ Terminal is within easy walking distance (across street). No shuttle is provided.

F~Y~I

Did anyone use a promo code or do they know what a promo code is for Park n Cruise? I found one for EZ Cruise, but I would prefer Park N Cruise.

• 5 months later...

Perfect. Cruising out of 2.

i am debating on renting a car verses Disney transportation. It would cost me about $45 more rent the car with parking, but less shuttling back and forth from hotel and dragging bags around. Plus we have a later flight, so I don't want to get there 4 hours early and sit and wait.

• 2 weeks later...
it has it right now.

I'm with SSB, confirm.

I booked our parking with Galveston Park N Cruise back in July, they cancelled me in September. Their email to me states they were going to be cancelling parking for clients on some of the Disney cruises.

There is another thread on this subject - called best parking in Galveston, where someone on a Princess cruise shared they were cancelled after the fact too. And another poster shared a response from the parking lot when they questioned the cancellings - and the response was that they were canceling all Disney parking after November as it was their busiest season - and they could not coordiante 5 ships. So it's not first come first serve, Carnival & Royal Caribbean sailings are getting priority.

Edited by deb63

It is between the two terminals right across from where you'd walk. I mean if I had to say, perhaps closer to terminal 2 because the garages are more in front of terminal 1 and the open lots more by terminal 2 but it's hardly a difference.

The walk thru to terminal grounds from Park and cruise at 25th and Harborside

is directly across street from Carnival terminal and RCCL is next to Carnival!

May be 100 yards to Carnival and 200 yards to RCCL terminals!

Edited by ssb

I'm with SSB, confirm.

I booked our parking with Galveston Park N Cruise back in July, they cancelled me in September. Their email to me states they were going to be cancelling parking for clients on some of the Disney cruises.

There is another thread on this subject - called best parking in Galveston, where someone on a Princess cruise shared they were cancelled after the fact too. And another poster shared a response from the parking lot when they questioned the cancellings - and the response was that they were canceling all Disney parking after November as it was their busiest season - and they could not coordiante 5 ships. So it's not first come first serve, Carnival & Royal Caribbean sailings are getting priority.

After I saw that Galveston Park N Cruise was cancelling Princess cruisers, I decided to go with Boi Valet. They are right on the corner there by Park N Cruise so it should be just as easy except they park your car for you and they have insurance. I hope they don't decide to cancel some lines now. I made our reservation today.

After I saw that Galveston Park N Cruise was cancelling Princess cruisers, I decided to go with Boi Valet. They are right on the corner there by Park N Cruise so it should be just as easy except they park your car for you and they have insurance. I hope they don't decide to cancel some lines now. I made our reservation today.

I hope it all works out okay for you.

I was surprised we got cancelled, but appreciated they did it far enough out for us. I do think it would have been smarter to have realized up front they may have issues and not let me book in the first place, than to cancel 2 months later. But 5 ships is new to them too - and there are other options in Galveston.

I decided for us to just book a hotel that had a cruise package so I wouldn't have to worry about it. Works out nice as this cruise is a surprise for our DDs 9th birthday - so we can drive down on Friday telling them that we are going to Galveston for dinner, or even a weekend. Then surprise them come Saturday morning.

Edited by deb63

I hope it all works out okay for you.

I was surprised we got cancelled, but appreciated they did it far enough out for us. I do think it would have been smarter to have realized up front they may have issues and not let me book in the first place, than to cancel 2 months later. But 5 ships is new to them too - and there are other options in Galveston.

I decided for us to just book a hotel that had a cruise package so I wouldn't have to worry about it. Works out nice as this cruise is a surprise for our DDs 9th birthday - so we can drive down on Friday telling them that we are going to Galveston for dinner, or even a weekend. Then surprise them come Saturday morning.

That is wonderful! I can't imagine how your DD is going to feel when she finds out she is going on a Disney cruise. That is a great birthday present. Hope you can keep it secret. I'm not sure I could.

Have a wonderful cruise. I know she will love it.

That is wonderful! I can't imagine how your DD is going to feel when she finds out she is going on a Disney cruise. That is a great birthday present. Hope you can keep it secret. I'm not sure I could.

Have a wonderful cruise. I know she will love it.

Thank you! We have twin DDs. :) You only turn 9 once, right? Anyhow we managed to pull a surprise cruise off for their 8th birthday - so I imagine they may be a bit more suspicious this time around. The Park N Cruise may have done us a favor, as this may just be a better cover. :)

Thank you! We have twin DDs. :) You only turn 9 once, right? Anyhow we managed to pull a surprise cruise off for their 8th birthday - so I imagine they may be a bit more suspicious this time around. The Park N Cruise may have done us a favor, as this may just be a better cover. :)

That's how things work out sometimes. We get what we think is bad news but turns out for the best. That is so great that you have twins. I am so excited for them. We have a grandson who turned 9 in June so I know something about what kids that age like. They will love it especially on Disney I would imagine. We have never been on a Disney cruise but I have talked to people who have and they say that they are really great for kids. We may go on one someday even if we are old people.

Hope everything goes wonderful for all of you.

How weird. After you had paid? Glad they did it early but that seems so strange. Once they have sold the spot, they've sold the spot.

I'm with SSB, confirm.

• 1 year later...

We have used Galveston Park N Cruise twice and liked it. They do not shuttle but are just across the street from the Carnival terminal. We even walked to the car with our luggage last cruise and it was fine. If going out of Royal caribbean terminal, it would be more of a walk.

• 1 month later...

Ok, I have read thru all the posts but really haven't found the answer I'm looking for. I am going on my first solo cruise out of Galveston and I'm parking at Park n Cruise. I have gone out this port before and parked here before, but can't remember if I dropped luggage off to porters prior to parking. My question are there porters to drop my luggage to and then go park? I don't want to drag my big bag along w my carry on if I don't have too since it's just me this time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Forums mobile app

Ok, I have read thru all the posts but really haven't found the answer I'm looking for. I am going on my first solo cruise out of Galveston and I'm parking at Park n Cruise. I have gone out this port before and parked here before, but can't remember if I dropped luggage off to porters prior to parking. My question are there porters to drop my luggage to and then go park? I don't want to drag my big bag along w my carry on if I don't have too since it's just me this time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Forums mobile app

Yes you can drop off and then go park

• 2 weeks later...
We have used port parking in Galveston. Recently at Christmas we parked 3 cars. If you have a military ID it is free! If you reserve and pay on line you get $5 off. Very convienent. Friends used cheaper parking and had to wait for pick up when they returned. We were out of there in 10 minutes!

I am thinking of using Park and Cruise, but the website is acting up and not processing my payment etc... In the meantime, wanted to clarify something in case others read this thread- parking for military at the other place mentioned (Port of Galveston Parking) is free only for those who either have Purple Heart or are disabled with proof. Not all military ID holders. Just wanted to add that. :-)

Glad to read the good review. Now to see if the reason it isn't processing is because they are full on our sailing.