Info on Milan to Florence

Hello, all! I am hoping that I can find someone experienced in Italian land travel to help. We would like to fly in to Milan Malpensa Airport (crazy cheap flight), then take a train to Florence for a few days, then the train to Civitavecchia for our cruise. We have already been to Rome, and are only docked in Livorno for a day, and really want to spend some time in Florence. Looking for information on getting to the train station in Milan, and any other information/thoughts on this.

Thanks!

Hello, all! I am hoping that I can find someone experienced in Italian land travel to help. We would like to fly in to Milan Malpensa Airport (crazy cheap flight), then take a train to Florence for a few days, then the train to Civitavecchia for our cruise. We have already been to Rome, and are only docked in Livorno for a day, and really want to spend some time in Florence. Looking for information on getting to the train station in Milan, and any other information/thoughts on this.

Thanks!

There is a shuttle bus that runs from Malpensa and drops you off at the Milan train station.

Here is a website that I have used often. It has a tremendous amount of resources and helpful information.

http://www.toandfromtheairport.com/

There are lots of ways getting to the city and to the Train stations. Milan has two, Central and Cardono. The train from Central to Florence is 3 hours and it is a wonderful trip. For a few Euros more, we took first class but had great seats and with our wine and food, we had an excellent trip.

I think it is a wise choice to spend a few days in Florence prior to the cruise. It is a magnificent city and can easily consume your two days. On that port day you can choose to go elsewhere now.

I believe there is a direct train from Florence to Civitavecchia.

Archived