HAL and Princess in Glacier Bay

cantw8togo

It is my understanding that only HAL, and Princess cruise into Glacier Bay. Is it always HAL, and Princess; or do they rotate through the other cruise lines in other years? Are there any cruise lines that have been blacklisted from the environmentaly sensitive Glacier Bay?

While HAL and Princess have the most ships, NCL has one ship a week, but will be allowed two a week next year under a new contract. Crystal used to go into the bay, but I believe they don't do Alaska cruises anymore. I think their slots will be taken by Cruise West for the Spirit of Oceanus. Carnival and possibly Du Ponant come in during shoulder season (May and September). One cruise line was kicked out of the bay several years ago for polluting. I think it was RCCL.

The cruise lines have 10 year contracts with the park. The new contracts take effect next year. Only HAL, Princess, NCL and Cruise West have high season (June-Aug) contracts from 2010-2019.

Archived