Ultimate Packing List for the Newbies....

Janet Foster

Used the patch on first few cruises; didn't like the dry mouth. And DO NOT touch your eyes before washing hands after applying patch. Not good.

Now I stick with green apples, 7 up, keeping a little food in stomach, being outside if seasick. Usually only happens on very rough seas. (very rare). Lying in bed usually is good, too.

We have done 1 MX Riviera cruise. Did it. Glad we did, but not again--more aggressive salespeople on the beach, much cooler on sea days coming up the Pacific coast. Prefer the Caribbean much more (more consistent warm weather)--love Cozumel, MX tho. No more safety issues than anywhere else.

Mrs Gut so agrees with the green apples, but adds ginger (in almost any form, but prefers ginger tea).

My husbands cpap machine needs an extension cord. Last cabin we had he needed two. It happens

Happy cruisin.

If you fill out special needs form for your cruise there is an option for sleep apnea (cpap) then the cruise line...at least rcci will provide extension cord and distilled water to your cabin. I have same issue so was glad to see the form

Man! The drama towards the beginning of this post....... had to skip over a bunch of pages.......

Everyone packs differently. Personally, my motto is be prepared. I pack everything. Husband makes fun of me for it. But I would rather have what I need than have to go looking for it and buy it at 4x the price.

Lots of great tips in this thread tho! thanks!

I was asked to share a list, so here is my list.

Besides the list and talking about my list below, I have also attached a file that you can print and save to help you.

It is never too early to start gathering things up. I have started with a few things and just add to it as time goes by. Besides the obvious clothing items here are a few things I just can’t leave home without.

First, we have a clear over the door shoe organizer. I say clear because you would want to be able to see inside each of the pockets. This we would hang on the back of the bathroom door and place all of your little items in it to keep your counters free of clutter. This idea was passed down to me from another fellow cruiser so I don’t take the credit for it but I certainly think it is a great idea. I got mine online from Finger Hut.

http://www.fingerhut.com/ProductGroup.aspx?offergroupxid=92929&cmCategoryID =search

One of the first things we do when we get in the cabin is wipe down all the door knobs, handles, phone and remote control with those Clorox Disinfecting Wipes. If you think about it, but the time you get in your cabin, another couple or family has been living in it for a week and has touched everything. The cabin has been cleaned but who knows if they wipe every little thing down. This is for my own piece of mind. So I would add that to your shopping list. I carry my Clorox Wipes in my purse because once I get to the cabin I do it right away as the luggage won't appear for a couple of hours.

Other things I bring:

Ø Zip-lock bags – different sizes for many different things

Ø Hangers – I think you can ask your room attendant for extra but I always bring mine own. The room attendant may not get the hangers to you fast enough because they are generally still delivering things to the cabins, introducing themself and then they have to go to the life boat drill.

Ø Clothes Pins

Ø Power Strip – not many outlets in the room.

Ø Extension Cord - I will run an extension cord if I need to.

Ø Alarm Clock – Some people just use their cell phones.

Ø Night Light – Cabin is dark, if you don’t use your cell phone for light then bring one.

Ø Bathroom Spray –

Ø Landyards – these are those things you wear around your neck and attach your Sea Pass card to it. Front desk will hole punch your card or bring your own hole puncher.

Ø Bar Soap – I like to bring my own instead of using the small bars they give.

Ø Portable Ipod Speakers- so you can enjoy your downloaded Caribbean music as you sail.

Ø Motion Sickness Medicine – if you think you need it, some you need a written RX.

Ø Prescriptions and Medicine – the over the counter, Tums, Imodium, Pepto Bismol, aspirin

Ø Sudafed, tooth ache gel, band-aids, mole skin, aloe vera lotion for sunburns

Ø Cell Phone charger – you will need to charge up before we get home!

Ø Extra Camera Memory Card - Last thing you want to do is run out of memory!!!

Ø Extra camera batteries or rechargeable batteries and charger.

Ø Small roll of duct tape – many uses. One is we tape our luggage tags on our cases of water, soda or whatever else we bring that we buy at the store before we go to port. Duct tape has many uses.

Ø Small spray bottle.. use this up by the pool to spray myself when it is hot

Ø Walkie Talkies- we always bring them, keep the volume low.. Traveling with large groups on a large ship we sometimes need to find someone. Or if you need to find your kids. Please note this can be disturbing to other travelers so we really keep the volume very low!

Ø Binoculars –

Ø Rum Runners –

Ø Hand sanitizers – small kind to put in pocket purse or clip on landyards

Ø Sports Bottles – We use these at the pool and around the ship for “special drinks”

Ø Snack Items We have cocktail parties in our cabins with our friends so we munch on snack or salty items. We buy these at the store before we go to the port.

o Ritz Crackers

o Cheese in Can

o Nuts

o Cookies

o Candy

o Plastic Glasses as the ones in the cabin are too small.

o Powdered Crystal Light – for our bottled water

Ø Small Rolling Ice Chest – We bring this to keep our drinks really cold in our room. The room attendant will fill it with ice daily for us. Got mine on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/52-Can-Collapsible-Rolling-Cooler-Orange-Grey-W-Tags_W0QQitemZ140292469301QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item140292469301&_trksid=p3286. c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39 %3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Ø Suitcase Scale – We bring one of those luggage weight scales to we can make sure we are within our weight limits as we fly.

v We bring lots of one dollar bills for tipping.

v We tie bright colored ribbon on our suitcases to help us identify them.

v Bungee Cord - Brought a bungee cord to secure a door that we wanted to keep open from banging. We once had all of our cabins next to each other and had the doors to the balconies opened up all the way. Our door kept banging.. so this helped it to stop.

They say that the cabins have hair dryers and robes in (some) them. AND get some water (aqua) shoes for going on shore, you will want them in the water. I think this is about all I have unless I forgot something. And I know that if you pack your clothes in dry cleaner bags that they will not wrinkle. Tips for packing: http://www.fodors.com/news/story_1449.html

Besides the copies of the passports I also call our credit card companies and give them the dates we will be traveling so they will not lock down our account thinking the card was stolen. If they tried to call us, we would not be home to answer the phone!! Sooooooo call your credit card companies and let them know.

Here is my packing list you can print....

[ATTACH]117538[/ATTACH]

Here is my review...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=985034

and FINALLY....

Don't go on your cruise without hearing from the CRUISE DIVA... I find all my best stuff here!!!

On the web you search for "cruisediva dot com".

thanks for the list

If you get car sick I would recommend a scrip from your doctor. They have the behind the ear patches,

Scopolamine Transdermal Patch

Janet,

It's my first time using CC so I don't know how to message you directly. I am hoping you will share your packing list with me (therese678@gmail.com) because yours is exactly what I need.

You have great suggestions that I don't want to forget.

Thank you

Therese

We were looking for the ultimate packing list where to find it,or may be it can be send to us too,we are interested because we always carrie on a lot of lukkage.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Tapatalk

We found it in the previous pages of this item .i was using tapatalk and didn't realize ther were 37 more but thanks everybody for all the advice we found

So after researching different websites and various CC Packing Lists forums, I created a planner to help me out. Its an Excel Workbook that includes the following tabs:

2016 Calendar

Month-to-Month Calendar where you can put in all your important dates

Timeline

Alternative to the 2016 Calendar. Different View.

Family Members

List the family/friends that will be traveling with you. Include their names, birthdays, room numbers, RC Crown & Anchor #s, and Login Information. In the event you are the family event planner.

Food & Shows

List of the Shows & Restaurants that RC Oasis/Allure of the Seas. Has tentative hours of operation based on Cruise Compass found online or in CC.

Menu

RC Menus for: MDR, Room Service, Vitality, Kids Menu

Menu Details

Menu Details for each dish provided in the Menu tab.

Travel Bags

List here the travel bags that will be taken to Port, who they belong to, and what they contain.

Adult Packing List

Packing list for an Adult with or without kids. This doesn't mean that you need to bring everything on this list. Its EXTENSIVE. Its just a general list of things that I have found on CC forums, CruiseDiva, Samantha Brown, Travel Channel website, etc. You bring what you need. This is not only to be used for cruises but for general travel too.

Baby Packing List

Packing list for a Baby. Somethings that should be in here are already mentioned in the Adult Packing List.

Toddler Packing List

Packing list for a Toddler. Somethings that should be in here are already mentioned in the Adult Packing List.

Playlist

Grabbed Artist/Album/Song names from different forums. There are various types of music. Take what you need.

Tips

Tips I picked up along the way.

Resources

List of websites I grabbed information from.

Links to CC forums that might be beneficial.

MAAlvarez18 Cruise Planner Template.xls

Edited by maalvarez18

• 2 weeks later...
Speaking of Rum Runners - I thought you put them in your pocket so they didn't show up through the scan. I've watched YouTube videos on how to pack them, etc. Are they that easy to get on?

Yes are they that easy to get on and could you send me the YouTube link please and thank you.

• 8 months later...

Please note that walkie talkies are not that practical on board ships. do a search on that term on CC and you'll find out the reasons why.

there are plenty of better ways to keep in touch with people in your party on board (the search you do above should help).

In reality, many items that people list as "must brings" aren't. be sure to bring any medicine you might need, backup batteries, that sort of thing. depending on your ship, you might not need some other things.

• 5 months later...
If you get car sick I would recommend a scrip from your doctor. They have the behind the ear patches,

Scopolamine Transdermal Patch

Janet,

It's my first time using CC so I don't know how to message you directly. I am hoping you will share your packing list with me (therese678@gmail.com) because yours is exactly what I need.

You have great suggestions that I don't want to forget.

Thank you

Therese

Scopolamine patches have side effects..... dry mouth etc. great to have as back up if other options don't do the trick. Best I've found is Hylands Motion Sickness tabs. Dissolve 2-3 under tongue every 2-3 hours - works even after symptoms start! I never ride in a car without it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Scopolamine patches have side effects..... dry mouth etc. great to have as back up if other options don't do the trick. Best I've found is Hylands Motion Sickness tabs. Dissolve 2-3 under tongue every 2-3 hours - works even after symptoms start! I never ride in a car without it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've never seen them for sale here in Ireland so I'll check Amazon thanks!