Barcelona Cruise Port info

After doing MUCH research, I figured that, rather than taking a chance on getting ripped off by a taxi, we can take the AeroBus from the airport to Catalunya and then take the Metro to a stop very near our Hotel (Acta Millenni) called Paral-lel which is only about 1/2 mile from the Christopher Columbus monument. From there the Blue Bus takes you to the cruise ports! All that travel both ways will cost less than a cheap taxi ride one way-I think!

After doing MUCH research, I figured that, rather than taking a chance on getting ripped off by a taxi, we can take the AeroBus from the airport to Catalunya and then take the Metro to a stop very near our Hotel (Acta Millenni) called Paral-lel which is only about 1/2 mile from the Christopher Columbus monument. From there the Blue Bus takes you to the cruise ports! All that travel both ways will cost less than a cheap taxi ride one way-I think!

Are you willing to drag all your luggage on buses and the metro?

For what it's worth, we arrived several weeks ago, on a beautiful April day, and decided instead of taking a taxi, to take the aerobus to Catalunya, and then walk to the Columbus monument. The weather was perfect, it was early in the morning and Las Ramblas was empty, and had no difficulty whatsoever pulling our 2 suitcases and 1 carryon.

We didn't rush, enjoyed the stretch after 71/2 hours on an airplane, got to see what Las Ramblas looks like before the crowds appeared, and saved some money! We took the port shuttle bus at Columbus monument right to our ship. No problem or hassle, if walking with luggage is not a problem for you. (BTW, we're in our mid 60's.):D

We were on a 21 day B2B cruise (28 days all together) and are in our mid to late 50's. Purposely chose a hotel in Barcelona that we could walk to port bus stop from, and then got aboard - and we had five bags! Fortunately we walk four miles every day for exercise and lift some weights - we found this a great way to stay in shape for vacations!

Archived