clearing out mini frig

bluehenfan

We only drink pepsi products so I plan to bring a couple 6 packs and some bottled water. I've read some reviews where room steward will empty honors bar and other who say they couldn't get it emptied. I really don't need it emptied, just enough room to put in a couple bottles of soda and water. What was your experience when trying to get the mini frig cleared ? Is it true if you just move stuff around in it you get charged ?

We don't mess with the minibar at all. One call down to the Purser's Desk and they will make arrangements to lock it for the duration of the cruise. We use a collapsing cooler for anything we want to keep cold in the cabin.

Keep in mind that the mini fridge does not make drinks very cold. You can use the fridge to store already cold items cool. For me personally, I like my cold beverages kept cold. So, I always make sure to have a container of ice in the room.

One year i took everything out and put it on the vanity with a note to take it back so I can use the fridge,

one year i put it all in a cabinet -left a note its in the cabinet..

This year took out all the cans and asked the stewart to replace it with Diet cOke.. Never a problem...

Did I say i had a great stewart this year? Gati.. actually he was the employee who took care of our room, never ever met the "Room Stewart" or whoever is in charge...

Keep in mind that the mini fridge does not make drinks very cold. You can use the fridge to store already cold items cool. For me personally, I like my cold beverages kept cold. So, I always make sure to have a container of ice in the room.

If you leave the wall unit door open, the heat will not build up so much and the fridge stays colder...

I wish they would remove these doors

On the Conquest last December, we asked our room steward to empty the minibar the first day. Our daughter had sent us a Bon Voyage gift that needed to be kept cool. He told me to empty it and put the stuff in the shallow cupboards beside it. I did that, and the last day, while packing, I emptied my thing out of it. That night, he had put all the minibar stuff back in. We weren't charged for any of it. Be sure to check your sail and sign bill over closely. I was charged for a second big bottle of water when I only used one on our first cruise.

Sewut

We just move stuff around and add a few cans/bottles of our own soda and water that we replenish as needed. We have never had any problems doing that. (We are not comfortable with emptying it out).

There is surprisingly plenty of room to add at least 3 waters and 3 cans of coke at a time.

Archived