recycling clothing among cc members

I think this is an excellent idea, not just for people who have lost weight, but who have clothes that they no longer wear. For your first cruise it is hard to find something for formal night(s), and with the economy being off, this is really timely!

Hi

Cruising Grandma & Angel-05-92001 Could you please send me a email with your name & address on it. I plan to try on tonight and I will let you both know tomorrow what I decide.

Thanks

Carol

camjankowski at yahoo dot com

carol.jankowski at michigansugar dot com

Cruising Grandma & Angel-05-92001 So sorry it took so long, but wanted to let you both know that the dress are in the mail.

Thanks Carol

• 3 weeks later...
This is kind of a general post to all the ladies with those very nice gowns you no longer wear....

It's probalby too late this year but next year check with your local school boards about donating your gowns to the high schools for PROM DRESSES.

A few moms in the area started that with their daughters previous prom dresses and bridesmaid dresses and gowns that they no longer wore. This thing has grown to a pretty big operation. They don't charge anything to the girls, just ask for donations to cover costs, if they like..

A nice way to recycle and let some young ladies be a Princess at the ball...

What a great idea!

I am going on my first cruise at the end of August for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. My problem is I have no formal wear. I would love it if someone could donate a dress or two for me, after the cruise I would be more than happy to post it back on this forum. I am 5'10" and size 14.

Thanks in advance!

Cruise Dancer,

I think this is a great thing that you started. I think it will help lots of people.

As soon as I saw your screen name, I had to see what was going on.

I think I have at least 2 dresses that I have never worn. So I will get them on here and see if anyone would like them.

See you in November.

Patti

I am going on my first cruise at the end of August for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. My problem is I have no formal wear. I would love it if someone could donate a dress or two for me, after the cruise I would be more than happy to post it back on this forum. I am 5'10" and size 14.

Thanks in advance!

Well, I have a few in size 14 but I am only 5' 3"!!! So they may be too short for you. Here is a picture of one. It is a 14W

Send me an email if you want to give it a try. Lisa at cruisedancers.us

1382316298_GrandeurB2B04-2008(6).jpg.bac9297f843f6d63469ccf2b8c267f06.jpg

Cruise Dancer, thank you so much for the offer but I think the dress will be too short for me. Since this will be my first cruise I really want to dress up for formal night but money is tight, still hoping someone may see this who is around my height and size.

Thanks again for the offer, I love this forum. There is so much great info and wonderful people here.

Hi Ladies,

I am too lazy to take a picture of the dress by itself. So I am going to model it :D.

Some of the dresses have been altered for me. I am 5'6", 34DD, 26, 36.

The long, blue formal I love it. But the seamstress cut it too short for me.

My email: g2liv0702@yahoo.com

Beautiful!!!!

I've sent you an email about the dresses. I think they will fit and am excited to see them. I forgot to ask you about the price of shipping.

Thank you so much

Moira

Well, I have a few in size 14 but I am only 5' 3"!!! So they may be too short for you. Here is a picture of one. It is a 14W

Send me an email if you want to give it a try. Lisa at cruisedancers.us

I am only 5'2" so they might work for me!

Beautiful!!!!

I've sent you an email about the dresses. I think they will fit and am excited to see them. I forgot to ask you about the price of shipping.

Thank you so much

Moira

Hi Moira,

The dresses are packed, I will send them on Monday. I will email you later.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Marie

What a great idea this is. I enjoyed seeing the pictures of all the pretty dresses being "recycled". Such generous ladies too!

I lost quite a lot of weight over the last two years (finally) and needed a whole new wardrobe. I ended up at a couple of consignment stores in our city because there was just no way that I could afford to buy everything new. I got some great "new to me" outfits, and passed all my larger sized clothes to a local charity shop.

I had some lovely formal dresses for special occasions - but wasn't a cruisecritic member at the time, so sadly they are gone.

Next time I'll know where to post these items.

Edited by WouldBeCruiser

Hi Moira,

Marie

Hi Marie

Thanks so much. I'm really anxious to see them. If they don't fit I'll be sure to post them for others to see.

Thanks again

Moira

Anyone interested in an outfit that is not a formal, but would be great for casual or even smart casual evenings, or just wearing on a cruise? I have a Carole Little pants outfit that would be perfect for someone out there. Size 10. 100% rayon crepe.

My photo editing program is not working so I'll post a photo later today from work.

Anyone interested in an outfit that is not a formal, but would be great for casual or even smart casual evenings, or just wearing on a cruise? I have a Carole Little pants outfit that would be perfect for someone out there. Size 10. 100% rayon crepe.

My photo editing program is not working so I'll post a photo later today from work.

get-attachment.aspx?uid=1.25817723&folder=NewMail&partId=4&a=2286&z=241017

Hi Moira,

Marie

Hi Marie

Thank you Thank You The dresses arrived today and I'm just thrilled. They fit....although I need my "industrial strength" underwear. So it's back to the gym for me to get rid of that pesky couple of pounds. The dresses are lovely and I want to do them justice. I've sent on a money order for the cost of the postage. Thank you again!

Cheers Moira