recycling clothing among cc members

I know this forum is not for this topic...but please pray for me. My breast cancer may have returned. I will have biopsy next week and will know at that time. I'm devastated.

Thank you :(

I am so sorry to hear this and will definitely add you to my prayer list. With all my love....Debbie

I know this forum is not for this topic...but please pray for me. My breast cancer may have returned. I will have biopsy next week and will know at that time. I'm devastated.

Thank you :(

I am so sorry to hear this. Keep your chin up and hope for the best. I am 9 years out from my diagnosis, and I still panic every year at mammogram time. You can do this! Take a deep breath and we will all be sending positive vibes your way. If you need anything, please let us know.

Ladies...you have brought tears to my eyes. I am so humbled by your caring spirits. I never expected to receive so many well wishes and that has uplifted me tremendously and for that I am so grateful to you all.

I am scheduled for Monday at 8am. Today, I am ok and am so thankful for my husband who is my rock! Such a good man.

To my breast cancer survivors...thank you for your encouraging words also. I was looking forward to saying that I would be out 9 years from diagnosis on August 31st. Hopefully, I will still be able to say that.

Thank you all once again...and I will keep you posted.

Sheri

Edited by shorbr

More prayers here. Stay strong.

Scrapnana...I saw your post about wanting a cross body bag (small). What color were you looking for? I happened to have a deep navy blue bag that is just sitting around. If you are interested, let me know. Maybe I will copy this to the recycle clothing board.

Once again, thank you for your prayers :)

Sheri

Scrapnana...I saw your post about wanting a cross body bag (small). What color were you looking for? I happened to have a deep navy blue bag that is just sitting around. If you are interested, let me know. Maybe I will copy this to the recycle clothing board.

Sheri[/quote

Scrapnana, I did not see your post about wanting a body cross bag. My fellow Crunard cruisers :). Do you need a big one to go on tours? Or do you need small one to use on the ship? If you do not want Shorbr's blue bag, you can have one of my. I have too many bags :).

M

I think small cross body bags are absolutely wonderful for any social event where you are constantly circulating and don't want to deal with where to put your purse. Last night we attended a casual social night which was held on a restaurant patio. I "wore" my little red Coach bag crossbody (;)) and was able to totally forget about it until I needed something from it. All evening I watched other ladies have their bags kicked on the floor, tripped over, and a couple of ladies couldn't remember where they put them down.

Since I was gifted the little red bag and discovered how practical it is, I purchased an elegant little black bag that I have carried to cocktail parties.

I hope cross body bags remain in fashion for a long time.

Sheri

I too have been looking for two types of bags - one for the ship, which would be shoulder or cross body but small and chic - hold my essentials (sail pass card, makeup and maybe small itinerary for the day) and then another larger shoulder type bag for the ports. I will probably want to haul around a bottle of water, maps, lists of plans, sunscreen, rain hat or umbrella.

I would love to see pics of what others use to get some ideas of what works best!

Thanks,

Debbie

I think small cross body bags are absolutely wonderful for any social event where you are constantly circulating and don't want to deal with where to put your purse. Last night we attended a casual social night which was held on a restaurant patio. I "wore" my little red Coach bag crossbody (;)) and was able to totally forget about it until I needed something from it. All evening I watched other ladies have their bags kicked on the floor, tripped over, and a couple of ladies couldn't remember where they put them down.

Since I was gifted the little red bag and discovered how practical it is, I purchased an elegant little black bag that I have carried to cocktail parties.

I absolutely love cross body bags. I use them most of the times. Some of my evening bags do have a trap, but I have not used them yet.

I talked to C last night. Did she tell you? Hope you are doing well.

Xoxoxo

M

Sheri[/quote

Scrapnana, I did not see your post about wanting a body cross bag. My fellow Crunard cruisers :). Do you need a big one to go on tours? Or do you need small one to use on the ship? If you do not want Shorbr's blue bag, you can have one of my. I have too many bags :).

M

Kathi:

I have this one that I have never used - it is small and light weight fabric. I have a large leather one a use, a small black one with polka dots and I just got one from travel smith. This is small with a long strap. Will carry essentials, etc. If you want you can have it. If you do not want it then someone else can

purse2.jpg

purse1.jpg

Sharon

I absolutely love cross body bags. I use them most of the times. Some of my evening bags do have a trap, but I have not used them yet.

I talked to C last night. Did she tell you? Hope you are doing well.

Xoxoxo

M

I am not doing too bad thanks, except for my knee. I have just had silicone injections but they are not doing the job, so next step will be a knee replacement I guess. I still go to zumba but am dragging one leg- the rest of me still wants to move fast. :p

Sheri

M

Wow! Two offers on the same day and I was just looking at bags on-line last night. I have not been able to decide what color I want (which is one of the reasons I haven't bought anything in the last 2 years). Another thing that has kept me from buying one is the size. I really want a smaller crossbody but know at some ports I will ned a larger one. You kind ladies may have solved my bag problems. If it does not sound too greedy I would love to have your small navy one, Sheri and if you can part with one, a larger one, Marie. My e-mail is kmcnana at comcast dot net. Thanks you, thank you, thank you.

I too have been looking for two types of bags - one for the ship, which would be shoulder or cross body but small and chic - hold my essentials (sail pass card, makeup and maybe small itinerary for the day) and then another larger shoulder type bag for the ports. I will probably want to haul around a bottle of water, maps, lists of plans, sunscreen, rain hat or umbrella.

I would love to see pics of what others use to get some ideas of what works best!

Thanks,

Debbie

In port I now like to carry a small cross-body (I am really sold on these now that they are considered fashionably acceptable) for carrying essentials like comb, toilet paper (sooo important in port), ship's card, etc, while keeping the hands free, and the heavy stuff like water bottles, umbrellas, etc, gets carried in a small back pack. I wouldn't want to carry that over my shoulder all day. Since I am petite and even a small backpack is far too heavy for me, DH gets the job of carrying it. :p

Sharon,

While I was typing my last post, your kind offer popped up. I really appreciate it but am not going to be too greedy and take all three offers. Maybe someone else can use this bag as it looks perfect for travel. Thank you so much for the offer!

Kathi

Sharon, I love this bag. Can you tell me where you got it, or what the brand is? I can't make it out in the photo.

Kathi:

I have this one that I have never used - it is small and light weight fabric. I have a large leather one a use, a small black one with polka dots and I just got one from travel smith. This is small with a long strap. Will carry essentials, etc. If you want you can have it. If you do not want it then someone else can

purse2.jpg

purse1.jpg

Sharon

In port I now like to carry a small cross-body (I am really sold on these now that they are considered fashionably acceptable) for carrying essentials like comb, toilet paper (sooo important in port), ship's card, etc, while keeping the hands free, and the heavy stuff like water bottles, umbrellas, etc, gets carried in a small back pack. I wouldn't want to carry that over my shoulder all day. Since I am petite and even a small backpack is far too heavy for me, DH gets the job of carrying it. :p

Hmmmm.... wonder if I can convince DH to carry a backpack in port - that could work. So I think that I might need three main bags... 1) cross body or shoulder smaller and chic for dinner and evenings. (I'm envisioning a pewter or bronze subtle metallic that would be neutral) I guess I could carry a clutch, (like Marie! LOL) but knowing me, I would leave it somewhere, then 2) a cross body bag for just running around the ship during the day and when not more formal and 3) a tote or backpack for DH to cart around while in port.

Now, I just need to find them!

Debbie

Wow! Two offers on the same day and I was just looking at bags on-line last night. I have not been able to decide what color I want (which is one of the reasons I haven't bought anything in the last 2 years). Another thing that has kept me from buying one is the size. I really want a smaller crossbody but know at some ports I will ned a larger one. You kind ladies may have solved my bag problems. If it does not sound too greedy I would love to have your small navy one, Sheri and if you can part with one, a larger one, Marie. My e-mail is kmcnana at comcast dot net. Thanks you, thank you, thank you.

I have to get home to take a picture of it. I'm at work now. Will email you this evening. It would be more of an evening bag. And no, it does not sound greedy to me. I never use it anymore and would be happy to send it to you if it works for you.

Edited by shorbr

sounds like a small crossbody bag would work great, I hate not having somewhere to set my bag down. Also don't like trying to keep it up on my shoulder while walking and shopping. I need to get one of these too!

Thanks,

Debbie[

Theses are some of my small cross body bags. I use them all the times. I am a handbags and shoes person. Well... clothes too :D

My husband bought me this last Thanksgiving. It is Bottega Veneta

9042157119_f5d85751c8.jpg

This is Gucci. I just bought it.

9042161449_f44b42abeb_z.jpg

This is Burberry.

9042303201_1e62582ae8.jpg

This is Chloe.

9044570958_8763c48833.jpg

Hmmmm.... wonder if I can convince DH to carry a backpack in port - that could work. So I think that I might need three main bags... 1) cross body or shoulder smaller and chic for dinner and evenings. (I'm envisioning a pewter or bronze subtle metallic that would be neutral) I guess I could carry a clutch, (like Marie! LOL) but knowing me, I would leave it somewhere, then 2) a cross body bag for just running around the ship during the day and when not more formal and 3) a tote or backpack for DH to cart around while in port.

Now, I just need to find them!

Debbie

I bought my husband a Tumi bag pack. He love it!