Connecting Interior rooms Voyager class

Trying to get a correct answer on this. Part of our group got assigned a Cat L interior that has a connecting room to a stranger and this is a newly wed couple. I found a website that shows 1 chair since the door is there but a supervisor at RCI assures me there is a loveseat, but since this same supervisor told me there is a coffee maker and flat screen TV and cruisers who just got off said no, I have a problem now believing about this loveseat. Is there a loveseat or chair in a connecting cabin for interior or oceanview cabins?

There may be a loveseat or chair---does it really matter? How many times do folks actually sit side by side on a loveseat?

There is no coffee maker in the cabins (or flatscreen--the cabin is so small, you don't need a flatscreen tv!)...you can get coffee from room service at no charge (but you should tip a buck or so!)

Don't worry about the connecting door. It's just like a hotel...surely you've had a connecting room to someone you don't know! It's not a big deal at all. The door will remain locked at all times.

There may be a loveseat or chair---does it really matter? How many times do folks actually sit side by side on a loveseat?

Don't worry about the connecting door. It's just like a hotel...surely you've had a connecting room to someone you don't know! It's not a big deal at all. The door will remain locked at all times.

They're newly weds.....need I say more? I only mentioned about the stranger next door because it isn't part of our group and they don't need the door to be opened.

If they are so concerned about the specific room they should have NOT booked a guarantee and spent the extra $ to pick the specific cabin they wanted.

They didn't pay...we did and we had to change in a hurry from the Mariner to the Adventure and air was at a premium and money doesn't grow on trees. Is there a reason why I can't get an answer? I seriously don't think snide answers are the way to go when someone asks a simple question.

They won't be able to open the connecting door, unless the steward unlocks it. Did you try and ask if there were any other insides available?

They don't want it opened - I just want to know if there is a loveseat or one chair there - thats it. One chair there does not seat two people. I have heard comments on one chair from RCI and a loveseat there. What good is a sitting area with one chair?

No more available they said however I did just read from someone else that we can be asked to be put back in the pool of guarantees.

chair :). Enjoy your trip.

ugh.....sounds like the Royal supervisors don't know what they are talking about. I kept saying it was a chair and he said no, it says it is a loveseat. Thank you, I think I will give them a call tomorrow and see if they can be thrown back into the pool.

Thanks again....now I have something to show them on their own website.

If they are strangers how do you know they are newlyweds?

###

No......please reread my first post. Part of my group are newlyweds (my daughter) in a connecting cabin with strangers in the next cabin (not in our group to use the interconnecting door).

We had connecting interiors on one cruise..thought we had a loveseat, but it could have been a chair. It never made a difference to us because when in the room, the bed was the best seat. The sofas aren't "all that" anyway. No coffemaker; no flat screen (but this was about 5 years ago). You seriously won't be in the room enough to notice or remember. Tiny cabins, but they make great use of the space and there will be plenty of room for everything. There is an additional chair at the desk/vanity in the room.

I have had connecting cabin with strangers in the next cabin. It was fine. Enjoy your cruise.

It isn't about strangers in the cabin in the next room - it is about they don't need the connecting door since the people in the next room are not part of our group therefore they get a chair and not a loveseat and they are newlyweds. It would be ridiculous to complain about a door that locks and a stranger next door. The complaint is about no loveseat and just 1 chair.

Must have been one of those arranged marriages? :confused:

What is up with some people who have been posting in this thread? My daughter and her husband - the newlyweds are in the connecting room with strangers next door who are not part of our large group. This is not part of the concern. The concern is they don't have a love seat. They have 1 chair due to the connecting door they will not use. Now in what way do you not understand this?

Where on earth do you come up with must have been an arranged marriage. This is her college graduation cruise and parents want everything as close to perfect as possible and we had been on the Mariner since October and had to move fast to get the AOS due to the swine flu and cancellation of the Mariner's itinerary. Got it?

What is up with some people who have been posting in this thread? My daughter and her husband - the newlyweds are in the connecting room with strangers next door who are not part of our large group. This is not part of the concern. The concern is they don't have a love seat. They have 1 chair due to the connecting door they will not use. Now in what way do you not understand this?

Where on earth do you come up with must have been an arranged marriage. This is her college graduation cruise and parents want everything as close to perfect as possible and we had been on the Mariner since October and had to move fast to get the AOS due to the swine flu and cancellation of the Mariner's itinerary. Got it?

Oh, I think I get it. You are concerned about the possiblity of them catching the swine flu should germs pass from the strangers next door underneath the gap in the connecting door? And then they would not have a love seat available to rest in should they become ill? I would not worry too much about this. I guess there is some chance, but it is pretty remote. Not anything to be concerned about. Just be sure to wash your hands a lot.

Hold on. I just read your post again and think I may have misunderstood something. It is the strangers who don't have a love seat? Now I am really confused. Why would that be an issue? :confused:

By the way - be sure you sign up for the Newlywed game. It is a lot of fun and sometimes they give out some really good prizes. You also get a CD of the game which would be a good souvaneir for you and your new wife. :)

Oh, I think I get it. You are concerned about the possiblity of them catching the swine flu should germs pass from the strangers next door underneath the gap in the connecting door? And then they would not have a love seat available to rest in should they become ill? I would not worry too much about this. I guess there is some chance, but it is pretty remote. Not anything to be concerned about. Just be sure to wash your hands a lot.

Hold on. I just read your post again and think I may have misunderstood something. It is the strangers who don't have a love seat? Now I am really confused. Why would that be an issue? :confused:

By the way - be sure you sign up for the Newlywed game. It is a lot of fun and sometimes they give out some really good prizes. You also get a CD of the game which would be a good souvaneir for you and your new wife. :)

Ha ha not funny at all. I am the mother of the daughter who is the newlywed. If you don't get it by now, well you never will. Others got it on so doesn't speak well for you or your comprehension of reading. If you never read the Mariner changed their Mexican itinerary to the Pacific Northwest last month, well that's too bad for you looking like a idjit posting the stupid comment above about about the swine flu passing under the door. Its people like you that help no one and just go around posting away making stupid comments that show others your true IQ. :rolleyes:

I´m sorry as the OP might be offended by this, although it´s really not my intention to do so, but I had to lol several times reading this thread. I think this is hilarious :D:D:D

No, not offended at least you obviously understood it.

I´m sorry as the OP might be offended by this, although it´s really not my intention to do so, but I had to lol several times reading this thread. I think this is hilarious :D:D:D

Apparently I came across as an idjit - whatever that might be.

Ha ha not funny at all. I am the mother of the daughter who is the newlywed. If you don't get it by now, well you never will. Others got it on so doesn't speak well for you or your comprehension of reading. If you never read the Mariner changed their Mexican itinerary to the Pacific Northwest last month, well that's too bad for you looking like a idjit posting the stupid comment above about about the swine flu passing under the door. Its people like you that help no one and just go around posting away making stupid comments that show others your true IQ. :rolleyes:

The Mariner? I think you may be posting on the wrong thead. The OP is apparently sailing on the Adventurer according to their countdown clock.

Archived