Great crew!

missy27

I just got back from a HAL cruise (first cruise ever!) and I was so impressed by their crew. They were friendly all the time and so good at remembering our names! They even put on a great Indonesian crew show one night.

Everyone should share stories of their favorite crew members on HAL! :D

The ship is made out of glass and steel and has no feelings

The crew and the management are the pesonality of the ship and they are the ones that provide us with a good or bad vacation.

The crews that we have encountered over the years on holland ships make us want to return to these ships repeatedly. We have been on the Veendam app 18 times.

Ruth & Jim

I just got back from a HAL cruise (first cruise ever!) and I was so impressed by their crew. They were friendly all the time and so good at remembering our names! They even put on a great Indonesian crew show one night.

Everyone should share stories of their favorite crew members on HAL! :D

I agree...always look forward to staff/friends on Holland. Next cruise with HAL is this Friday:D Hunky Dory on Lido learns everyones names and greets them daily on the ship:eek:

I so love to read threads like this recognizing HAL's wonderful crews. They are the best at sea IMO and they are what make our cruises so outstanding.

You can find something beautiful on (Almost) all cruise ships, most have edible food, they all have shows and excursions, shops and art auctions, :) they all do one itinerary or another that's okay us, but it is HAL's crews that make Holland America Line above the rest In Our Opinion.

We have sailed others and we have no desire to return to any but HAL.

We have only cruised twice with Hal,but both times have been very impressed with the crew.

Smiles and a helpful demeanor is the norm rather than the exception.

On our last cruise we retired early our first night on board (exhausted) preventing our lovely cabin steward Anon from doing the turn down service.

The following morning he apologized and I assured him that most certainly no apology was necessary .I then teasingly asked if I would receive two chocolates on my pillow that evening.

Thinking no more of it,I was delighted to discover two delicious treats waiting on my pillow when we returned to the cabin that night.

Maybe not a big thing to some,but when it comes to customer service it's those little things that count.(not that chocolate is ever a little thing:D)

With their new slippers

1 & 2 Neptune staff

3 Cabin Stewards

4 Asst Cook (Carver for ship)

5 Hotel Manager (yellow), Guest Relations Manager (Dog)

Ruth & Jim

I'm going on my first HAL cruise in 9 days and am just so excited. I've only cruised X but I have a feeling from reading the HAL boards that HAL will equal or surpass Celebrity.

Jim, I have to ask, don't want to be rude but can't stand the suspense.;) Since I'm new to CC I don't have all the seasoned cruisers knowledge and I'm always seeing posts about you and Ruth and slippers. What is the story behind the slippers, I have to know?! I think they are fantastic, by the way!:D

Sue

Many years ago my son gave me a pair of Bugs Bunny slippers (think 20) and we had a ball with them and Rutj and I just started wearing them on the ship. Now have 100+ pair at home.

On that first cruise there were about 600 of the most obnoxious kids we have ever met. They were in the bars at 2:00 am and the parents did nothing. They all asked me about the slippers and I told them to go to the ships store and have their parents buy them a pair. When we went into the ship store one day they asked me if I was the one telling the kids and their families to get slippers there. I said yes. The said we do not sell the slippers at the store. I told them that I knew that but I just wanted to agrivate the parents as much as their kids were agraviting us...

We try to take about dozen pair with us to give to grews on each of our cruises.

Hope this answers your question.

Ruth & Jim

I told them to go to the ships store and have their parents buy them a pair. When we went into the ship store one day they asked me if I was the one telling the kids and their families to get slippers there. I said yes. The said we do not sell the slippers at the store. I told them that I knew that but I just wanted to agrivate the parents as much as their kids were agraviting us...

You're evil . . . I knew there was a reason why I liked you!

We've had great experiences on every HAL cruise we've taken. My most memorable one came the evening the dining room featured lamb - a favorite of mine. Just after ordering dinner I began feeling unwell, so I excused myself from the table and went back to our cabin. About 20 minutes later our head waiter "John Wayne" was at my cabin door with a dinner tray containing my full meal. He said he knew I really liked the lamb and he didn't want me to miss it. He even offered to get more if I needed it, or if it got cold before I was able to eat it, he would birng me a new order. Now that's service!

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

Many years ago my son gave me a pair of Bugs Bunny slippers (think 20) and we had a ball with them and Rutj and I just started wearing them on the ship. Now have 100+ pair at home.

On that first cruise there were about 600 of the most obnoxious kids we have ever met. They were in the bars at 2:00 am and the parents did nothing. They all asked me about the slippers and I told them to go to the ships store and have their parents buy them a pair. When we went into the ship store one day they asked me if I was the one telling the kids and their families to get slippers there. I said yes. The said we do not sell the slippers at the store. I told them that I knew that but I just wanted to agrivate the parents as much as their kids were agraviting us...

We try to take about dozen pair with us to give to grews on each of our cruises.

Hope this answers your question.

Ruth & Jim

What a fantastic story, I love it!:) And it shows how young at heart you two are, I don't know about you but I don't ever want to grow up!;)

And what a brilliant way to take care of all those kids!!

Thanks, Sue

The best part of the slippers now is when we give a pair to the Captain and the Hotel Manager at the Mainers recepton. Afout 70% of them put them on.

The cabin stewards and the waiters and the others we give them to all put them on so we can take pictures of them.

The girls at the front desk know that we always bring them Victoria's Secet shower jell and nylon scrubbies with animals in them. On the last cruise we did not take it to them until next to last day and one of them said "We were hoping that you did not forget the shower jell."

There are so many ways that you can say thanks to people that have gone out of their way for us so we have developed our own special gifts for them to brighten their smiles for a few days.

There is only one problem. I offer to teach the girls how to use the shower jell and scubbies but no one has ever taken me up on my offer. I would probably have a heart attack if they did but it waould be a hell of a way to go.....

Ruth & Jim

Archived