Gratuities

Angsa

Which I can't see happening in the near future. They won't be that keen to make it look like they're more expensive in the current market, plus don't want to look more expensive than their competitors either so the chance of one taking the lead is unlikely.

Thus, measures like this are trying to make the best of a bad situation (excepting white anting by hotel directors!)

A fair, consistent system would be to have the gratuities charged to one's onboard account daily and not removeable. The salary system is not going to change because of tax considerations.

This is part of the cost of cruising, folks. Can we just get over it and get on with having a good cruise?

I don't think we'll get there until everyone is paying the same price for their cruise regardless of where they live.

I don't think we'll get there until everyone is paying the same price for their cruise regardless of where they live.

Yeah, what is with that? I was given a $150 per person discount on my cruise recently because I live in Texas (_not_ that I'm complaining, it just doesn't make much sense to me).

Yeah, what is with that? I was given a $150 per person discount on my cruise recently because I live in Texas (_not_ that I'm complaining, it just doesn't make much sense to me).

Good point, I don't get it either. If the price can come down to $x publically, why restrict it to certain locations? If someone else is willing to pay the lower price of another state but not the higher price, why exclude them? It just seems odd that you would restrict a public sale, when it doesn't cost you any more.

Archived