138 day until Mexican cruise - HELP! Need Buddies!

Woo Hoo! Gaye congrats! Thats the chinese stuff, huh? Maybe I should check it out, you lost what I have left to lose. Glad the shop is coming along, don't look at it as you only being a worker, I tell myself that my boss wouldnt be as successful if it weren't for all of us. :) Now, I hope your reunion is a blast, they usually are!

What happened to Amy & Cooper?

Good time last night. My family is so funny! We're going to have a blast this week end.

About these pills. I don't think they are for everyone. Just the desperate! LOL Some people have no side effects, and others do. For me...feel sluggish, foggy, and a little cranky. TOO BAD! I'am doing it anyway. The summer cloths came out the other day, cuz I needed the suitcases, what a joke. I can't even wear them. So yah, I'am doing the pills. At least their cheap.

Is it true that Goldens stay in puppy stage until they are like....10? Your whole yard may be gone by then. LOL

Yes, goldens are puppies a long long time. They never entirely lose that sense of fun, even when they are old. They settle down a bit between 2 and 3. Cooper will be 2 in September.

I'm using a lot of positive reinforcement training with him, and I'm blown away by how he's learning. Cooper, I think, is going to be one of those one-in-a-million dogs in my life. Just adore this boy.

Hi there,

Hope your weekends were good. Now that another one is almost upon us.

I had a great weekend, eating wasnt too horrible but the drinking on the other hand was. Not a lot but a little bit Fri, Sat, Sun, & Mon. :eek:. Got to love warm weather, bbq's & ice cold beer :D. So, needless to say no weighing in this week, I didnt want to break the scale, lol.

Is'ent that the truth? We're having ANOTHER BBQ this weekend. ( I gotta hide those cook books from him!) There is always so much yummy stuff, and cold beer. WE have'nt even really had spring yet, let alone summer. But this week end is supposed to be nice. Will do more at the new shop Sat. and clean house for company on Sun.

Hello ladies,

Gaye, i just checked out that other thread about your Chinese pills. Are you having any side effects at all? I read a lot of different responses on the internet about those pills. Quite a few people are very happy with them and seem the side effects were only for a couple days. A couple years ago I was using that "Ali" and read all about the side effects but I never experienced any at all. I only did the starting pack because they basically take out the fat of the food but you had to each so much a day and it was too much food intake for me. How are you doing with losing?

Amy, have you gotten back on the horse?

I had a pretty good week, considering our hockey team is in the finals and everyone comes to our house to watch the games so that means muchies & beer of course. So, hopefully we only have 2 games left and it will be over. We have had some really bad weather the last couple days, heavy rain, wind, there were tornados further south then us last night but today its sunny and mid 70's. So, I am off to do some walking and then do some yard work. Enjoy your Sunday!

Brenda

I think I've lost a couple of pounds this week, but not because of dieting, I had a root canal on Tuesday. He started it a week before and it hurt like heck for a week. I was supposed to get it finished on the 21st when he got back from vacation. I went in because it was really really painful and he agreed to fit me in before he left. Because it was so infected and everything was so inflamed it took 6 - yes 6- shots to get me through the procedure. My face is swollen and my eye is even a bit black (told Tim I'd have him arrest for abuse :-) ). As of today though the pain has backed off but still being careful what I eat because of a temporary crown. Gads, what a horrible experience. My second root canal and the first didn't hurt AT ALL.

Geez Amy! How awful. A couple of pounds off is good, but not that way. I hope you feel better every day. I could just about feel it just reading about it. Shudder.

Ok Brenda, when I first started taking these pill I was real spacy, a little headachy, and could get real grouchy. But now I don't have any side effects. But I did drop down to just taking them every other day mostly. For me, they did kind of take away the obsession with food. I lost about 9-10 pounds right off, and, as usual, kinda stuck again. It's going a little slower now then I would like (hope), but I can tell mostly with my belt. I tend to buy jeans with some stretch so I have to wear the dreaded belt often. Anyway, I had to go to the next tighter hole twice. Talk about a motivator! I'am really doing good food wise ( about 80% of the time). Did you guys read the thread on here titled Super Slim?

Kicking around the idea of canceling our cruise out of NOLA. Final payment due the 28th of this month. Between the oil and a predicted bad hurrican season, Mexico is looking better every day.

Amy, Ouch! I know how you feel, this time last year was when I was getting all my work done. I truely feel for ya.

Gaye, I did read the thread on here and then went and searched it on-line as well. Im glad you are doing good. I get worried when I hear side effects especially when its coming from China. Keep up the good eating.

I havent been doing too bad but thank goodness our hockey season is over (we won) because eating & drinking like that a couple nights a week does damage when youre not doing your exercsing. So, we'll see what happens. I just paid off our cruise, didnt need to be until end of July but I figured I may as well. Its horrible about the oil, my DH applied to go work down there with the clean up. I guess they are looking for a lot of help down there.

• 1 month later...

Hey you two, are you still out there? My cruise is in less than 2 weeks now and I"m about 10 pounds over what I was last year. I don't feel 10 pounds bigger, but that's probably because of walking Cooper every morning. Still not happy, but not miserable either. Doesn't help that DH likes me a little bit curvier!

I'm still here!!!! I thought you giuys were gone. Maybe the 10lbs is muscle. Less then 2 weeks, huh? I'm under my 100 day mark :D. Summer is going by soooo fast and we'll be gone and back from our cruises before we know it. :mad: I'm not sure what happened to Gaye, she had mentioned before about maybe not going on their cruise but not sure what they're doing. Hope all is well with you, other then your 10lbs but if you & your dh are happy then all is good :).

I'am here, I thought you two got beautiful and quit. LOL Same old thing here, holding pattern. We cruise on 9/11, the pounds are not leaving by then. I can't take the mystery pills right now, having a killer bursitis attack in my shoulder and have been on prednisone since Mon.Today I'am suppossed to start tapering off, but still can't use the arm. I'll be calling the doc. pretty soon.

We did'nt cancel, but I've had so much going on the last few weeks I have'nt had time to think about it much, except for CC each day of course!

It's hard to type today, but I've been thinking of you guys every morning check out CC.

GAYE!!!!!! I thought we lost you forever! Glad you are still doing your cruise...you deserve it :). Sorry to hear about the shoulder though, that must be pretty painful.

Amy, try on all your things....they will fit ;). I guess its good that you won't be needing a bathing suit then? Where is it that youre going to again? Its been a long time since we've discussed the actual cruises!

Well, I am happy to say that I have been doing very well. I'm down to my last 4lbs to lose and boy are they the most stubborn of all :mad:. Hope your summers are going good, we have had the hottest weather lately then we have in ages. I do believe the whole country has been up in temps though.

Wow, five days to go. I tried on stuff and it all fits okay. I'll wear the stuff that's a bit snugger early on in the cruse. hee hee. I've pretty much cut out sugar for now and that always helps. That deadly white stuff is poison.

5 days! Well 4 now. And your clothes fit! Life is good. Pick up a few swingy sun dresses in your travels and enjoy the wonderful things "other" people are going to cook and serve you. I think I'am down to about 45 days or so. Still have to buy air fare!!! Waited and waited for the price to drop, but it looks like it's not going to before I go into panic mode. Hopefully this week end I'll get that done.

I was freaking out being on that prednizone for a that long of time. But for some reason the weight stayed the same. ??? As soon as this shoulder moves well I have to try on and see what's what. Could there be shopping in my future? hee hee

Back to work a little yesterday. Still stiff and not very mobile, but thank God the pain is about gone. Doing hair with one arm that does not want to go up is quite the challenge! The people who look at me with a raised eyebrow like "oh sure you can't move it". Grrrr I just want to take one of thier arms, tie it at waist level for a week and see how they do. LOL

Have fun girls! Happy sailing! Hope no bad weather gets in your neck of the woods and all family and pets are doing great!

Amy.....Not sure if you go online while youre sailing but have a great time...glad the clothes fit.

Gaye....youre slowly getting back to normal.

Amy's trip is underway...Gaye when do you leave? I have 83 days left and can't wait.

I think 36. OMG! 36! I gotta get busy! I tried on clothes Sun. to see what fits, (lets not go there) All I'll say is thank goodness sun dresses and maxi dresses are still "in" this year. I have to get HIM motivated now. I finally bought air fare Sun. too. No sale. The air fare costs as much as the cruise.

Almost done with the prednisone. Only talking 1/2 a day now till Sat. I think. My shoulder is much better, but nothing fits!LOL Stupid pills. I still have a month though! Your going to have to remind me again where your sailing. No memory, and too lazy to reread posts.

I think sun dresses will always be in. You have a month...you van do it Gaye! We're going to western Caribbean...St Thomas, St Martin, Grand Turk, Princess Quay (Bahamas) and 2 sea days. We sail out of Ft Lauderdale, you're going to Mexico, right?

Hi all:) I'm glad to hear that i am not the only one that is trying to loose weight before the cruise. I was wondering if any of you have tried Weight Watchers? I have been a WW fan for about two yrs now. It's kinda funny, my daughter got me into it before her wedding cause she wanted to loose weight herself...but i was the one who lost weight. I like it cause it is a Life style change more than a diet. So i am now "back on the wagon" to loose back 10 lbs that i gained over the winter. If you have questions about it...just ask. NO, I am not here to sell it...just trying to help:)

Welcome elephantlover. No, never tried WW. My brothther and sis-in-law have....numerous times. It works. They always lost weight. But then....well you know.

Not Mexico Brenda, the Western Carib. also. But we're going to Belize, Cozumel and Roatan. First time NOT going to Mexico. EEEEEEkkkkk.

Welcome...elephantlover!

I did WW a few years back for my wedding and I did very good while I was on it. Now, I'm just eating better and exercising on my own and have done great. So, when is your cruise and where are you going?

Gaye....oops! I think I do remember now that you said you weren't doing Mexico this time.

Got back into my walking again, finally the heat has come down enough to go and my DH has joined me now :). He would also like to lose weight, I told him the cruise is a great excuse to start.

Brenda

Archived