Formal nights on Mercury

AZgolfergal

According to Celebrity, formal nights on Mercury are the 2nd day (at sea) and next to last night when we are in Ketchikan. It doesn't give us much time to book any tours there and still make it to dinner at 6 PM. If anyone has been on the Alaska trip this month, could you tell me when the second formal night was, please? We may just skip the dining room in order to have more time for sightseeing.

According to Celebrity, formal nights on Mercury are the 2nd day (at sea) and next to last night when we are in Ketchikan. It doesn't give us much time to book any tours there and still make it to dinner at 6 PM. If anyone has been on the Alaska trip this month, could you tell me when the second formal night was, please? We may just skip the dining room in order to have more time for sightseeing.

Hi:) I pulled up the itinerary on the website as I am going

on the same itinerary as you. If you look at the days...Juneau

and Ketchikan are day 5 and 6 so the 2nd formal night is going

to be one or the other because the 1st one will be night #2.

(Probably night 6) to spread it out and the last evening

is always casual.

I did this itinerary last year and it was a wonderful cruise:D

although its been a year (almost) so I can't recall which was our 2nd

formal night.

These 7 nighters Vancouver to Vancouver just started so

hopefully some cruisers who are on board now will post for you

upon their return:)

Fortunetly, I eat late so never miss dinner:)

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!:)

I'm on the same itinerary sailing 8/23. There is only 6 hours in Ketchikan, between 2:30 PM 8:30 PM, and a good chunk of that will be taken up with disembarkation and getting back on ship in time. To spend any meaningful time in the port almost requires staying ashore until the last possible moment. Even dining late, there will not be much time to dress for a formal night. those dining early will probably find it not even worth going ashore if they want to participate in a formal night. Those with late sitting will miss the sailaway.

It won't bother us, as we have absolutely no plans to participate in formal night, anyway. We'll be dining in our cabin, both to avoid formal night and to enjoy the port and sailaway.

I'm on the same itinerary sailing 8/23. There is only 6 hours in Ketchikan, between 2:30 PM 8:30 PM, and a good chunk of that will be taken up with disembarkation and getting back on ship in time. To spend any meaningful time in the port almost requires staying ashore until the last possible moment. Even dining late, there will not be much time to dress for a formal night. those dining early will probably find it not even worth going ashore if they want to participate in a formal night. Those with late sitting will miss the sailaway.

It won't bother us, as we have absolutely no plans to participate in formal night, anyway. We'll be dining in our cabin, both to avoid formal night and to enjoy the port and sailaway.

Hi:) I guess what is meaningful to one person isn't so much

to another:D

Looks like we are both going to enjoy our cruises in different

forms, which is always a good thing:)

Oh, it won't bother me that we sail late either:) and I do love formal

nights.

Different strokes for different folks:)

Archived