Stroller recommendations

brwnzfan32

My wife and I will be sailing in July and bringing our, at the time, 11 month old son. Looking for stroller recommendations. We have the stroller/car seat combo, but that is too big and bulky to bring. Looking for something that will recline, is lightweight and easy to navigate. Thanks in advance.

I've used my Maclaren Quest when DD was 6 months and plan to use it again this November. I found it easy to manuever around the ship with, and easy to store in the cabin. Plus it makes for a great way to transport bags on and off the ship!

662789836_TheCastawayCohensCaribbeanCruise622.jpg.d9c6eb79b79e7020ca4850497cf5d5c0.jpg

1342002077_TheCastawayCohensCaribbeanCruise494.jpg.99f358275171f6b746120c766f5f711d.jpg

104_2356.jpg.c2e376319f8561043ac79f11153a09f1.jpg

I love love love my Maclaren Quest. Worth every penny I paid for it.

I'll second that. I originally bought it for Disney trips, I can manage it and her both by myself on Disney Transport. We've got many miles on ours...it became her stroller of choice by the time she was about a year. I had a giant travel system, which looked more comfy and padded to me, but she would always climb into the Mac if both were offered. She's 4 now, and almost done with it (just a long Disney day), and it's still in great shape.

I bought my Maclaren in 2001 when my oldest son was 11 months old and we were going to Europe. They were not widely available in Canada (if at all), so I bought one in the UK when we got there. I used it steadily until 2008 when my youngest (and petite) son was 5. It's been on many airplane trips as well as around the local mall. On both our Disney trips, I had BOTH kids riding in it together late at night (about 80 lbs total!) and it still held up great. It's a tough, sturdy stroller, tall enough to be comfortable to push (and lightweight enough to steer with one hand). Mine reclines a bit, not all the way, but enough to facilitate naps. It's also supportive, unlike the el-cheapo umbrella strollers that are basically just a piece of fabric holding your child. It's one of the best pieces of baby gear I bought, and I never regretted the money I spent on it. If we were still in stroller mode, I would be very happy having it for our upcoming cruise.

Just did 2 weeks in Europe with a Combi Flex.

It was AMAZING. Navigated places folks said you couldnt bring a stroller.

Light, reclines, snack tray, sun visor, shoulder strap....

I cant say enough about it.

I have two Maclaren Volos. I bought my first one when my dd was 9 months, and never once used our larger/heavier Zippy stroller again.

The Volo does not recline but my child sleeps in it, none the less. I purchased the Volo because it is just a bit lighter than the other Maclaren strollers, and easier to clean.

I haven't used the other Maclaren's so I can't compare. but assuming other Maclaren's have similar features, hope this helps.

What I like about the Volo:

Lightweight

One hand fold

Built for older/larger kids

Amazing manuverability, easily navigates through crowded stores

Durable

Rain cover is AMAZING, we've been caught in some real gully washers and my dauthter has stayed completely dry

Affordable/great resale value

Tall handles - great for tall parents

Handy carry strap

My wife and I will be sailing in July and bringing our, at the time, 11 month old son. Looking for stroller recommendations. We have the stroller/car seat combo, but that is too big and bulky to bring. Looking for something that will recline, is lightweight and easy to navigate. Thanks in advance.

Go to craigslist and type in the word "stroller".

For all the choices that are returned, narrow it down by price and then do a little online research to see what is available that is compact enough but still has what you are looking or in a stroller.

Looks like you already picked but I'll respond anyway in case someone else is looking.

My son broke his foot at 4 years old and we had to buy a new stroller. We ended up with the Graco Ipo and we were VERY happy. He sat in the Maclaren Volo and hated it- very narrow and for a tall, long-legged kid it was very uncomfortable with the foot rest where it was. He also thought it was itchy which meant I'd have to buy a cover.

The Ipo we have is bright orange- easy to find in Disney crowds! It has a nice material in the seat, good foot rest, folds like an umbrella stroller and is very light. I also liked the bag under the seat instead of behind it like most umbrellas.

glad you found something that works for you.

we have a peg pliko and like it alot.

another option for those needing a higher weight limit stroller is the Zooper Twist. i love the sun shade on it and it comes with a rain cover too.

we have a peg pliko and like it alot.

Have you used your Peg on a cruise? We have one and LOVE it. We have a couple Combi umbrella strollers that fold up super small and are very lightweight; however, I'd prefer to bring out the Peg on our upcoming cruise. I'd love to hear any pros and cons. THANKS! :)

I also have a Maclaren, although mine isn't the kind that reclines. I take my son home from daycare on the bus everyday, and what I love about it is that it weighs practically nothing and has a shoulder strap, so I can throw it over my shoulder, pick up my son, and climb on and off the bus. Also love the one-hand open and close.

Also have a Peg Pliko (I am a Craig's List addict, what can I say) and liked it on our cruise when our son was about that age because of the reclining feature. It wasn't too bulky, but is heavier than the Maclarens so it wasn't working for me on the bus home from daycare, hence me getting the Maclaren.

Archived