Silversea LA to Tahiti in February? Roll Call - Merged

denham76

Has anyone sailed on Silver Shadow from LA to Tahiti in February? Seems like a great balance of days at sea and ports.

Would appreciate any input from all you experienced cruisers and Silversea lovers.

Thank you.

Has anyone sailed on Silver Shadow from LA to Tahiti in February? Seems like a great balance of days at sea and ports.

hi denham76

Yes this cruise looks great. If I wasn't flying to Tahiti next week, I would have loved to take this cruise. Lots of sea days and interesting ports.

Cheers

ging466

No I haven't done that cruise but I am deposited for the Feb. 07 departure from LA to HNL on Silver Shadow. This is a personalized voyage allowing me do disembark in HNL at a reduced fare and cut the last five days at aea.

Only the TA in Hawaii can book this personalzed 20 day voyage as they arranged it. I can pass on info if you have an interest. I do know it must be paid in full by 30 June to get the fifty persent savings. I have a Vista Suite.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess we will see each other on board. I have booked the LA to Tahiti portion. Looking forward to the Marquesas ports. Have you noticed that the fares are being advertised at 75% off? I suppose we were the only ones on the ship so far which would have made it easy to get a table at La Terrazza.

hOW DOES ONE GET CUSTOM ITINERARIES ARRANGED SPOOK? DID YOU WORK DIRECTLY WITH SS?

http://www.silversea.com/personalised.aspx?page_id=destination

Personalised Voyage requests may be submitted at any time, however confirmation of Personalised Voyages will not be made until 6 months prior to sailing for off-peak sailing dates, and 3 months prior to sailing for peak sailing dates. Voyage classification may be changed from non-peak to peak, based on availability, without notice.

that chart may not have posted, however, it showed the rainfall for the year & unfortunately, that time of year it is the heaviest. T/A is very reluctant to book us since she's been there at that time of year & endured the monsoons or whatever they're called. We're still thinking about it tho. Love the itinerary

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to push this thread forward as we will be booking this voyage in the next day or two. We would like to be in contact with other CC'ers. In the past, on other lines we have found that "knowing" fellow pax via these boards is a real nice way to start what promises to be a wonderful experience.

Betty and David:):)

http://www.silversea.com/personalised.aspx?page_id=destination

Personalised Voyage requests may be submitted at any time, however confirmation of Personalised Voyages will not be made until 6 months prior to sailing for off-peak sailing dates, and 3 months prior to sailing for peak sailing dates. Voyage classification may be changed from non-peak to peak, based on availability, without notice.

I see this old thread has surfaced again. So I'll bring up to date my posting. The PERSONALIZED VOYAGE LA to HNL was created more than eight month prior to sailing; I would guess the economy broke the previuos rules. Also, the final due date is no longer 30 June but 90 days prior to sailing, or 9 November. A 10% deposit holds the space. And prices came down with the new 60% off of new 2010 peicing. Thought I'd pass this along should their be renewed interest.

Spook1

Our TA just confirmed our reservation. New cruising experience which we look forward to with great excitement. Hope that we hear from future shipmates on this board. :):):):)

Glad to hear you are booked. Will you be on for the full 26 days or a segment. We're on for 20 days to HNL.

Home is in the LA area so we will enjoy the whole b/b voyage. Nice, no flights:)

Great. I am off in HNL for the same reason..local waters. I once livedI in the LA area...West LA, Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades, and Naples. Graduated from UNIHIGH. Love to meet you.

We have lived in the area for 50 years, originally from the UK. Looking forward to meeting you and any other CC board people who we find well traveled and willing to exchange their experiences and views. We only have one rule on conversation during cruises, no religion and no politics!!!:):)

We have lived in the area for 50 years, originally from the UK. Looking forward to meeting you and any other CC board people who we find well traveled and willing to exchange their experiences and views. We only have one rule on conversation during cruises, no religion and no politics!!!:):)

Betty and Davis, My wife is from UK. We met in Santa Monica New year's Eve 1960. Forgot one of my LA haunts, Hollywood Hills when I was a child. Looking forward to meeting you. Oh, I have the same rules, by the way.

Ron & Dee

Ron & Dee:

I just spoke to my TA on paying the deposit for this voyage. He informed me that the ship was 65% sold at this time which is very good. From this thread I imagined that there were not too many bookings. At this time it appears that our shipmates are not CC savvy!!

We are looking forward to meeting you and returning to the Marquesas and Tahiti. We did visit the area several years ago on the Crown Odyssey when it was a Royal Cruise Line ship.

David & Betty.

Ron & Dee:

I just spoke to my TA on paying the deposit for this voyage. He informed me that the ship was 65% sold at this time which is very good. From this thread I imagined that there were not too many bookings. At this time it appears that our shipmates are not CC savvy!!

We are looking forward to meeting you and returning to the Marquesas and Tahiti. We did visit the area several years ago on the Crown Odyssey when it was a Royal Cruise Line ship.

David & Betty.

Hi Betty and David.

Yes the Shadow is selling well. There are a few Vista and mid Veranda suites left, and a couple "out of this world' suites. Silver Suites are W/L. We last went thru Tahiti on the Legend of the Seas about ten years ago. left Auckland and disembarked Honolulu, a lovely fifteen days. The Marquesas we haven't visted. I love the days at sea and 11 of the 20 to Honolulu are on the briny. Next month we're off to do a 16 days Uniworld river trip in Europe. Ron and Dee

Hi Betty and David.

Yes the Shadow is selling well. There are a few Vista and mid Veranda suites left, and a couple "out of this world' suites. Silver Suites are W/L. We last went thru Tahiti on the Legend of the Seas about ten years ago. left Auckland and disembarked Honolulu, a lovely fifteen days. The Marquesas we haven't visted. I love the days at sea and 11 of the 20 to Honolulu are on the briny. Next month we're off to do a 16 days Uniworld river trip in Europe. Ron and Dee

Greetings Ron and Dee:

Is this your first Silversea experience? It will be ours and we will be thrilled to board in San Pedro, just a 45 mile drive from home. We are pleased to learn from you that the ship will be well populated! Our last visit to Tahiti was aboard The Crown Odyssey when she was under the Marco Polo flag en route from Auckland to LA.

We have been very fortunate in our long lives to have spent many days on many beautiful cruise liners and after reading dozens of reviews of SS think this will be the ultimate cruise experience. Like you, days at sea are our favorite pastime and we look forward to meeting you and sharing life and cruise stories. Likewise, any other CC addicts who will be joining us, we look forward to smooth seas and good companionship.:):)

• 2 weeks later...

How many people in this world are booked on the LA -LA February SS cruise? Maybe 300?

I had my car serviced today in Westlake Village, CA . In the waiting room I struck up a conversation with a gentleman wearing a Regent T-shirt. Lo and behold, he had, like me, booked this cruise!!

Not being a mathematician I don't know the odds of this happening but I am going to buy a lottery ticket today!!!:):):)

I had my car serviced today in Westlake Village, CA . In the waiting room I struck up a conversation with a gentleman wearing a Regent T-shirt. Lo and behold, he had, like me, booked this cruise!! Not being a mathematician I don't know the odds of this happening but I am going to buy a lottery ticket today!!!:):):)

Yes it is a small world. A few years ago, I was on a cruise in South America and I met a couple more Aussies on the ship. Lo and behold, one of them worked in the same office as me and we didn't even know each other!

I had to go all the way to South America to meet him!:)

Cheers

ging466

Archived