Silversea LA to Tahiti in February? Roll Call - Merged

denham76

How many people in this world are booked on the LA -LA February SS cruise? Maybe 300?

I had my car serviced today in Westlake Village, CA . In the waiting room I struck up a conversation with a gentleman wearing a Regent T-shirt. Lo and behold, he had, like me, booked this cruise!!

Not being a mathematician I don't know the odds of this happening but I am going to buy a lottery ticket today!!!:):):)

Betty and Davis,

The world is getting smaller. In a past life I lived in Westlake Village, attended Long Beach City on the GI Bill and worked at Dougals swing and graeyard shifts. I hope my memory is correct on this location. All was within walkong distance.

Ron and Dee

On several travel agency sites this particular cruise is not listed. I wonder what is going on! When I checked on the Silversea board to register it said, "Your cruise is expected to leave in xxx days." Is this the usual nomenclature?

On several travel agency sites this particular cruise is not listed. I wonder what is going on! When I checked on the Silversea board to register it said, "Your cruise is expected to leave in xxx days." Is this the usual nomenclature?

The Silversea website is a brain teaser. This LA/LA r/t is broken into three segments...LA/Papette and Papette/LA and the forementioned, therefore, if you go to DISTINATIONS and Asia South Pacific seeking it you get a big ZIP. Personalized Voyages are never listed on the SS website as they are only available from the TA selling it. In my own case cruising LA to HNL I was lucky enough to hear of it and get onboard.

Have you seen the Silversea DVD?

What is the SS DVD and where is it available?

Some cruise lines put out a DVD exploiting their product...shipboard life, ports, etc,. As an example Princess has an excellent DVD, a cruise around the world travelogue epic,. SS has a very short version of the same. You can acquire it from SS directly or ask your TA to get you one. I have several on hand should you strike out. Also, the 2010 Voyage Summary and Introducing Silver Spirit are available.

Greetings Ron and Dee:

Is this your first Silversea experience? It will be ours and we will be thrilled to board in San Pedro, just a 45 mile drive from home. We are pleased to learn from you that the ship will be well populated! Our last visit to Tahiti was aboard The Crown Odyssey when she was under the Marco Polo flag en route from Auckland to LA.

We have been very fortunate in our long lives to have spent many days on many beautiful cruise liners and after reading dozens of reviews of SS think this will be the ultimate cruise experience. Like you, days at sea are our favorite pastime and we look forward to meeting you and sharing life and cruise stories. Likewise, any other CC addicts who will be joining us, we look forward to smooth seas and good companionship.:):)

Aloha Betty and David, Just to let you know we will not be rattling about on an empty Shadow. At the moment in the lower priced suites we have 3 Vista, 1 Terrace, and 6 Veranda open.

Ron and Dee

Hi All-

My husband and I booked this cruise today. We love the South Pacific and hope for opportunities to snorkel and swim. (plus we met in Papeete 6 years ago):) We were told by our travel agent that the ship is almost sold out.

See you in about 4 months and change!

Hi All-

My husband and I booked this cruise today. We love the South Pacific and hope for opportunities to snorkel and swim. (plus we met in Papeete 6 years ago):) We were told by our travel agent that the ship is almost sold out.

See you in about 4 months and change!

Welcome to the board. We are happy to hear that the ship is selling well. You can not tell from this CC board but, as I have said before, maybe the people who have booked are not CC savvy!!:):)

Some cruise lines put out a DVD exploiting their product...shipboard life, ports, etc,. As an example Princess has an excellent DVD, a cruise around the world travelogue epic,. SS has a very short version of the same. You can acquire it from SS directly or ask your TA to get you one. I have several on hand should you strike out. Also, the 2010 Voyage Summary and Introducing Silver Spirit are available.

Thanks Spook1. I sent an email to my TA to request he sends one to me.

Ron & Dee:

Do you think we ought to rename this thread, "LA to LA February 2010 Roll Call?" I think the LA-HNL title is a little confusing as it is a custom itinerary.

Please let me know your thoughts. Regards, David.

(Edit)I just noticed that i should have addressed this to Denham who started the thread LA - Tahiti

The cruisers who have checked into this thread are:

Spook1 Ron & Dee

Kristysu

Sitmarboy

dwelsh Betty & David

I hope that we can keep this thread going and that we will soon be joined by others.

Spook1 has indicated that the voyage is well booked but obviously not by too many CC'ers!

Hopefully we will soon have a larger group.

• 2 weeks later...

Being 120 days out just received the shore excursion program.

We usually rent a car or take private tours. Is anyone interested in sharing a car in Bora Bora?

I have emailed a tour company recommended by Fodors, in Papeete, and will post their suggestions when they are received.

Have been travelling "on land" in the western Balkans for a while so I have not been on CC as a result. Now that I am back in Vancouver I can start to look farward to our cruise to the South Pacific. I am in need of some SS luxury. Should our small group have some sort of cocktail party on board? I am on board as far as PPT.

• 2 weeks later...
Ron & Dee:

I just spoke to my TA on paying the deposit for this voyage. He informed me that the ship was 65% sold at this time which is very good. From this thread I imagined that there were not too many bookings. At this time it appears that our shipmates are not CC savvy!!

We are looking forward to meeting you and returning to the Marquesas and Tahiti. We did visit the area several years ago on the Crown Odyssey when it was a Royal Cruise Line ship.

David & Betty.

Dave, thanks for pointing us to this thread. What a coincidence, we also went to Tahiti on the Crown Odyssey, in December 2002, when it was owned by Orient Lines. It was an LA to Hawaii to Tahiti itinerary. Our first Tahitian cruise was in 2000 with Renaissance, and we have just returned from Princess's Hawaii to Tahiti cruise in October. We did not have mych rain when we went in February. It is definitely hotter and more humid then but beats Ohio in February. We had a little rain every day but nothing that didn't end in a few minutes. I think it is best to schedule outdoors activities in the mornings in February to escape the afternoon heat. we've never been to the Marquesas or Rangiroa so that attracted us.

I wish we could do round trip LA but I don't have enough vacation days from work. So, we are disembarking in Papeete and staying three nights in one of the lagoon bungalows at the Intercontinental Hotel near the airport. In the crusie we just returned from, we were invited by a fellow cruiser to visit her in her bungalow at the IH and it was fantastic, as was the hotel itself. It's a beautiful and convenient setting.

We just booked the full LA to LA cruise. We are Bob & Victoria, and you can find us at the ping pong table if it's still there! Having just gotten off the Shadow less than a month ago, I now have a real incentive to lose all those extra pounds gained recently!

Would love to do a roll call to see who is doing which portions of the trip.

Thank you for the above information regarding weather and temperatures in French Polynesia. I have altered my shore excursion on Moorea to take advantage of the cooler morning temperature. See you on board. I too am just doing the LA - Papeete portion. Staying at the ICH as well.

In Moorea, there are taxis and private tour operators at the dock where the tender unloads. I mention this just so people know that there are alternatives to excursions booked through the ship. we hired a minivan taxi for a two-hour Moorea tour and enjoyed it very much. It's a beautiful island. I prefer it over Bora Bora.

Thank you for the above information regarding weather and temperatures in French Polynesia. I have altered my shore excursion on Moorea to take advantage of the cooler morning temperature. See you on board. I too am just doing the LA - Papeete portion. Staying at the ICH as well.

I look forward to meeting you. BTW, at the ICH, they have a dinner show on Friday and Satruday nights. The price on Friday is $123, and then it drops to $111 on Saturday. we will probably go to the Saturday show.

When we were at the ICH earlier this month, I overheard one of the guests asking the concierge to recommend a local seafood restaurant. I didn't get the name of the restaurant (it was in a little town not far from the hotel, not in Papeete). But that sounds like a fun thing to do so we will probably do that either Friday or Sunday night.

From what I've gleaned so far, There are at least 6 CC posters who are booked on a portion or all of this cruise:

Spook1 LA - HNL

Sitmarboy LA - PPT

Dwelsh LA - LA

Kristysu

EMTBsam LA - LA

Someone from Chatworth

Is there anyone else?

Archived