First time on Royal Caribbean!

I do believe you will find the cruise on the Explorer to be un-like your prior cruises because the type of ship is quite different. You'll find that the Royal promenade is a place unto itself. The Parades and street party make for something you wouldn't expect.

We cruised Exploer a number of years ago and it was then and still remains, THE PERFECT CRUISE. I hope you find it to be as good as we did.

I am planning to cruise for the first time on Royal Caribbean, can anyone tell me about Explorer of the Seas. My first two cruises have been on NCL. Thanks.

I think the pool areas and entertainment is better on Royal Caribbean. So that may be 2 things you find different.

I am planning to cruise for the first time on Royal Caribbean, can anyone tell me about Explorer of the Seas. My first two cruises have been on NCL. Thanks.

We've sailed NCL before and it was nice, but have to say, we don't think there's any comparison. RCCL's variety of ships they offer are the best.

You'll see. While we've never been on the Explorer, we've sailed the Navigator several times and there's alot to offer.(same class ship) The crew on the ships also make it better than most. We feel like, "we're home," when we step on the ship.

Have a wonderful time.;)

I have sailed on Explorer and just returned from sailing on Voyager (sister ship to explorer). It is a large ship with tons to do. There is an ice skating rink, rock climbing wall, inline skating track, mini golf, shuffleboard, basketball courts, ping pong, and thats just in the back of the ship. There is adventure ocean for the kids, Johnny Rockets, a hamburger joint, the Royal Promenade, this is about three hundred feet long and has shops, bars, and resturaunts, it's like going to your local mall. The dining room is three stories high, and the Windjammer Cafe, is a buffet resturaunt. You can eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. There are two swimming pools, the solarium is an adults only pool. The spa and fitness center are nice. There are about eight bars situated throughout the ship. So much to do and see, its hard not to have a good time.

My first and only cruise to date was the Explorer! I loved it! I'd have been back already, but this year's vacation fund was redirected to WDW with family (Sis, BIL, 2 nieces and BIL's DM).

I spent time in the Solarium reading and people watching, skated on the rink, saw the ice show (Wonderful!), rested and relaxed! Had a good time in Bermuda, too!

I have never sailed on the Explorer only on the Voyager. I have to say that I sailed Carnival once, NCL once and the rest of my cruises were on RCL with two more booked on Royal Caribbean. RCL, in my opinion, is nicer than the previous two cruiselines I have sailed on and they will always be my first choice. You will not regret choosing Royal Caribbean for your vacation.

RI-Sailor - I bet you would agree with me that if Micky and Minnie Mouse had a choice they would definetely choose RCL :p .

The Explorer is a lovely ship with tons to do. We were able to do an upgrade for a couple hundred dollars a few days before we left so we had a JS aft cabin. Loved it! Photos in the link below.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Kathy:)

RI-Sailor - I bet you would agree with me that if Micky and Minnie Mouse had a choice they would definetely choose RCL :p .

Well, Mickey & Minnie have their own cruise line :), and I'm sure it's very nice too! Sis, BIL & I had talked about it before I did the Explorer, but the Mickey & Minnie's line is more expensive (and would have even been more so for me as a solo) that they decided to save their money for WDW and I did my own thing.

Archived