Musical Instruments

Cruizin' Dude

I am an avid Jazz Saxophone player. I am wondering if I am allowed to bring my instrument on board? Does anyone have any experience in this? I don't plan on playing at 3am or anything crazy. I just like to keep practicing. I am on an inside cabin on the Sea Princess in a few days. Any helpful hints would be appreciated. Thanks! ;)

I think it depends how good you are!! :D

In all seriousness, I would thoroughly enjoy listening to you play away at, say, the aft pool one afternoon. But some people may not like it. And if you are playing in your cabin, who's to say that the person in the cabin next to you isn't taking a nap.

But maybe you can talk to the piano player at Crooners or the band at the Wheelhouse. Maybe they would let you play with them a little or while they are on break.

Would Princess stop you from bringing it onboard? No. But it may be hard to find times to play.

If you're ever on the same ship as me, here's hoping you're in the cabin next to mine!! :cool:

Please leave your instrument at home or if you must bring it, find an empty lounge to play it during the day, definitely do not play it in your stateroom. The walls are way to thin. You may think your being respectful by not playing at 3am, but some people travel with small children that need afternoon naps. Even some of us adults like to take afternoon naps on vacation. You never know who you might be disturbing.

I am an avid Jazz Saxophone player. I am wondering if I am allowed to bring my instrument on board? Does anyone have any experience in this? I don't plan on playing at 3am or anything crazy. I just like to keep practicing. I am on an inside cabin on the Sea Princess in a few days. Any helpful hints would be appreciated. Thanks! ;)
I have a brother who is a professional, now retired, and cruises Royal Caribbean. He has told me he will find time to jam with the band, but has not shared any more details with me. I'm pretty sure he is talking about the show band on off hours (like when you are in port).

I wouldn't count on any time or venue to just practice, and if you were to find an empty lounge, remember there are often activities scheduled for those who remain onboard when in port. When at sea, don't count on anything being available.

We were on a Princess cruise a while ago & the guy next door had his banjo with him & played every day from 11AM till ? I usually stop back at the cabin to wash up before lunch & enjoyed listening to him play. It wasn't overly loud but could be heard without much trouble- no worse than playing a TV at normal volume.

Playing at a pool or lounge might not be appreciated by someone trying to relax & read in quiet.

Archived