Waiting for passport

:eek:I changed our Mariner cruise from PNW back to Mexico for August and since then have finally applied for passports because of new travel requirements. Its been three weeks since I applied and they dont even have them online to check status. Does anyone know how long they are taking these days? I was so set on going on Mariner this week that I am depressed and now I can't book anything because I have no birth certificate.

:eek:I changed our Mariner cruise from PNW back to Mexico for August and since then have finally applied for passports because of new travel requirements. Its been three weeks since I applied and they dont even have them online to check status. Does anyone know how long they are taking these days? I was so set on going on Mariner this week that I am depressed and now I can't book anything because I have no birth certificate.

It took us 4 1/2 weeks to receive them, and I also could not pull them up in the system, so I called and the lady told me that they are always having problems with the web site. Hope this helps ease your mind.

Back at Christmas I got my renewal in 2 weeks, but renewals are much faster. I received the actual passport before the website ever got updated.

It took 7 days (Sat-Sat) about a month a go for me to get an expedited passport. I was very impressed with the quickness I recieved it. I also got the "passport card" but that took two weeks. I was never able to track the status of my passport as the website never seemed to be updated.

My sister is at 5 weeks waiting on hers - almost 6 weeks. I finally suggested she contact her US Senator as when she contacted the passport office they told her that they could not tell her when they would be processed but if she paid the expedited service for each of the 4 passports, they would def. have them by their cruise date next Wed. She called her US Senator's office on Friday and oddly enough, the passport office called her back and said they had 'found them' and they would be processed and shipped on Monday.

My daughter went by the post office last week to make an appointment which will be this Thursday. The official there said she could now expect a wait of 6 weeks for the passport.

She tried to fill out the online application, but it has been down since she started on Sunday. Says "Server Busy." Is this what y'all have been seeing when you go to check on your passport?

I guess I should be glad I took care of this now for an August cruise. Thanks for the phone numbers and all the support. My family thinks I'm crazy for having cruise withdrawals. I cannot think of any other get-away that is close to a cruise experience and will try to be more patient waiting for passports.

We applied on friday april 24 received our documents in the mail on friday may 29. got our birth certs on may 30th. Exactly 5 weeks to the day we applied.

The place on the website where you check your status is a nightmare. I discovered that place from someone's posting back in April. I sent away for my renewal in March. So I went online to check the status and the site was down. I left the tab open and EVERY DAY I checked it. A GOOD week later it miraculously worked.

My renewal came after about 4 weeks and the status button worked once during the week. So don't worry about that part.

When I DID get the renewal, my original passport wasn't in the envelope. So I called the main number and surprisingly was able to speak to someone within about five minutes, who told me my old one would be arriving in two days. (It arrived the next day...why they wasted money to mail them both, I dunno...actually now that I think about it, it makes sense. If they mailed them together and the envelope got lost, you'd have nothing. At least this way you'd be 99.99% sure to get one of them back!)

MY POINT? (Hello, tangent...) Give 'em a call. :)

I had to do a passport renewal in April, and it only took about 3 weeks, even though the website said 4-5 weeks was the turnaround time. I mailed it on April 21 and received it on May 8. I was amazed to get it so quickly! But again, that was a renewal.

Archived