November 09 QM-2 Caribbean Cruise

Marie50

If anyone has been on the Caribbean cruise before can you tell me if shorts are acceptable during the breakfast and lunch hours at any eating venue and throughout the ship in the public areas?

If anyone has been on the Caribbean cruise before can you tell me if shorts are acceptable during the breakfast and lunch hours at any eating venue and throughout the ship in the public areas?

I would say shorts in the Kings court, but not the main restuarant, I think they are fine during the day in most public areas, I am sure some will dissagree on this though, which cruise are you going on?

We are going on the 13 day out of New York. First time on QM and Cunard line, so I am concerned about the dress code.

Well you will learn a lot from this forum about dress code, are you on the November 17th cruise, if so we are on that cruise, starting out from southampton on the 11th nov, there is a roll call for the 11th Nov crossing and caribbean cruise, come and join in.

rob

Thank you for responding Rob. As I said, this will be our first Cunard cruise. We enjoy Celebrity cruises with the atmosphere and level of service. But in fact, there are no bad cruises!! I have just been concerned in doing my research as I believe most onboard will be British. I kinow there is an air of more formality with the British, which I think is wonderful. We have met such wonderful British people on other cruises and have so enjoyed our time with them. I am just somewhat concerned about the dress code, not that I cannot abide by it, but I in no way want to stick out like a sore thumb. We want to fit in. We are in our late 50's and grandparents, so I am sure that most onboard will be of our same age bracket. But I hate having this dread that I will wear something out of place.

Hi Marie,

We'll be getting on board with you in NY. This will be my third on the QM2 and my husband's second. We've only done the Caribbean on the QM. As far as shorts go, and I'm probably older by a little than you are, wear them. I love bermuda length or walking length shorts and I wore mine in the Queen's grill for breakfast and lunch and I was hardly the only one in there with them on, men included. I think common sense is more the rule. No cut offs, no REALLY short shorts, (although I've seen them too...)no skinny tank tops, etc. Dinner is a completely other matter, but I've seen it all there too.The "fashion police" are always out there no matter what line you cruise....and we've cruised 'em all!! Don't worry about them...you'll be just fine! A little good taste goes along way! We just loved the QM2, in my opinion not as stuffy as the QE2, but definately a cut above the others......Have a wonderful time

Archived