Space saver bags

BOSN

Have looked around on the various boards and have not found this question answered. Some other Cruise Critic members have mentioned using the Space Saver Bags for packing for the cruice. Has anybody been able to use the cabin stewards vacuume, or have asked the cabin steward for assistance when packing for trip home to condense the bags.

Thank you for your response. :)

Lee

DH and I used the Space Bags for packing to debark (to many wrinkles to worry about during embarkation), but we brought the kind that you can "roll" the air out of. I believe they were called "Travel" Space Bags. Ours are HUGE. They worked wonders for getting all of our dirty clothes out of the way so we could pack our souviners. But keep in mind that even though you take up less space, the weight, if you are flying, can be an issue.

The rolling system works just fine. One thing to think about is the total weight of your luggage if you are flying.

We used Space Bags and found that they were worn out after about 4 cruises. We bought Zip-Locks that turned out to be much sturdier (and less expensive:p)

If you lay items flat and pay attention when you roll the bag there is minimal wrinkling. That's taken care of by wrinkle release.

Charlie

The ginormous Ziploc bags work just as well, if not better, at a fraction of the cost. But don't tell Billy Mays, I don't want him to come to my doorstep and yell at me like he does on the telly.

I use zip lock bags too.

I also have space saver bags and have used them too on RCCL. Have not cruised CCL but will do so next August on Dream (yey).

Anyway, on RCCL, the little vaccums were always in the hall if you needed it.

Are they put away on CCL or do you see them most of the trip? If they are out, you could probably just use one and then return it.

Thanks.

Thank you fellow Cruise Critic Members. Just got home from work

and happy to see a few replies.

Last day of work :confused: tomorrow, Thursday. Fly out of Providence at

6 am Friday and arrive Orlando 9 am. Spend the day at the Radisson

with our 75+ pre meet and greet crowd. Then Saturday, "I'm sailing

away", Go GLORY :):):).

Thanks again.

Very nice!

I agree with 98Charlie about watching you weight limits when using the space bags. Last trip, we wound up repacking with less items, after we tossed the bags. Thanks Heaven we bought a scale!);)

Ditto on the ZipLock bags. They will compress down just like the over priced ones. I prepack clothes in them. Always throw in a few extra and couple of trash bags, they seem to come in handy.

This may seem like an obvious question...but how do you use the ziplock bags exactly?

Do you compress the item at the same time you are closing the back?

do you use a buddy system?

Just wondering...

Archived