Roll Call: Spirit Aug 1 to Aug 22, 2009 Roundtrip Venice

Any one else on either part of or entire trip? I booked this about a month ago and was able to get a very good rate and a single ROS (run of ship) rate. I was very quickly upgraded (thank you, Seabourn Cabin Assignment Dieties!) and given an assignment (I was a bit surprised how quickly they handled that as last cruise, I didn't get an assignment until very close to sailing).

I have noticed just in the few days that the ship has filled up so I think some of their recent Med price reductions and, perhaps, some other "deals" being offered to certain countries might be responsible.

Marga

Hi Marga!

You will love sailing with Shelagh and Larry!

Hi Shelagh!

And you will love sailing with Marga!

I wish I could join you.......... did I say that?

Marja

We wish you could join us too!

Shelagh

:) Marja - I see you still have August open on your lengthy cruise list! Wish you and Rene would be aboard, too.

Shelagh - I look forward to meeting up with you!

Marga

No Marga, that won't happen!

I did remove the August cruise from my signature. It was too soon for René and too much regarding our longer cruise that we hope to do in January 2010 and the Spirit extended crossing!

Have a great cruise, you will love it!

Marja

Ah -- well, we will miss sailing with you. I am considering that first segment of the World Cruise on Odyssey -- easy travel for me but don't know if I will be able to get away from work at that time - so close after holidays.

BTW -- any suggestions for Venice or Rome? Places to see or restaurants? I have not been to either of these great cities yet.

Marga--

Sorry we won't meet--I embark the day you disembark, Aug 22. I am on Venice to Rome segment. I booked a few months ago on a single ROS rate. This will be my first Seabourn adventure.

Does anyone know about the "marina days" on those Adriatic sailings? Lipari Island is one of our ports of call; we're scheduled to be at anchor. I'm wondering if there's a chance the Spirit's built-in marina will be in use that day. I love to swim in natural water.

Fred

Fred -

Sorry that the cruises won't overlap. I will be heading to Marco Polo airport while you are boarding our lovely yacht. :cool:

RE: Marina: My understanding is things really depend on sea/weather conditions, etc. Water has to be a certain temp and it has to be calm. But as I have not yet been on a trip where they would use the marina, I don't know. I will try and post about the marina usage during my trip. But I am sure others on the board could answer the question better than I can.

Marga

Archived