Pride safe question

clb6110

Leaving 6/6 on the Pride and have a question about the safes in the room.I've been told that some ships you'll need a magnitized credit card to operate the safes.Some ships just have a key pad.What does the Pride have.Silly question I quess but I was told if its a cc type safe I should bring a magnetic type card thats not a credit or debit do to safety .ie laundry card,pharmacy card etc.I don't have one of those and wouldn't want to leave a cc unlocked in the room to access the safe.Thanks in advance.

You will need a card with a magnetic strip. Any card will do. You could use a gift card with nothing on it or a canceled credit card. Anything with a magnetic strip altho I think sometimes people have had trouble using hotel keys. I tried a hotel key on our last cruise and it didn't work.

Actually I think the magnetic card is a dumb idea.The last thing you want to do is lose the card while on the ship or shore so you hide it in the cabin.A programable keypad like most quality hotel rooms have would be much better.IMO......thanks for the help tho.

Does the S&S card work? That would make it easy.

I believe the problem with using your S&S card is that (even if you consider your cabin steward trustworthy) they'd be, in theory, able to open your safe with their master key.

Not sure if that's true or not, but that's always been my reason for not using S&S card and the reason I know others have not. It would defeat the purpose of having a specially secure safe place, rather than just leaving something out on the counter in your cabin.

Archived