Book White Pass train ahead of time or wait till you get there?

Look2Sea

Book it when you get there. Try to book early in the morning. We just got back and took the train to Fraiser and then Dyea Dave picked us up and did a tour in the van on the way back. Left side of train on the way up, right side on the way down.

Dyea Dave picked us up at the ship, took us to the train station, then picked us up in Fraiser. Ate at a small cafe on the way back. Very Nice.

I would echo Oshkosh girl's thoughts. Just keep in mind that if you do not book through the ship, you will have to walk into town to catch the train. I think the fare was $22 higher on boat than directly through YPRR. Not a bad savings for about a 5-10 minute walk (depending on how fast you walk).

One more vote here for waiting until you get to Skagway. If the weather is cloudy go see the Days of '98 show in town. It's very good and very funny. Take a later train if the weather has cleared.

I would echo Oshkosh girl's thoughts. Just keep in mind that if you do not book through the ship, you will have to walk into town to catch the train. I think the fare was $22 higher on boat than directly through YPRR. Not a bad savings for about a 5-10 minute walk (depending on how fast you walk).

Hi,

Since we will already be in town, we'll just book directly with train to save some time going back to the ship. But, of course, we'll have to walk back to the ship after the train ride.

Archived