Carnival lost my daughter from Camp Carnival

blondee007

It's not blogging, it's a messege board...

And mindless?? Mindless like posting about paying for a grown adult daughters cruise deposit and when she backs out losing the money? That kind of mindless? or mindless posts about her mistakes in life? :rolleyes:

The OP may or may not have been a troll but the conversation and viewpoints that followed were interesting and important to parents..

Mindless I think not.

I totally agree that it's not been mindless, it's been lots of fuel for thought, and the what if situations have maybe helped a few of us know what we need to do to get a kid Camp Carnival equiped!!!

Thanks for stating this Toni

not exclusive to a sexual nature, but that could have worked too;):p

Ok...way too much Freud going on for me today.

On another post I wanted to say 'knickers in a twist' and typed 'knockers in a twist.'

:eek:

Fortunately I caught it before submitting...

that sounds painful doesn't it?? Like a nightmare mammogram.

On another post I wanted to say 'knickers in a twist' and typed 'knockers in a twist.'

LOL. I've messed up public and deck, but caught them only after submitting. Anyone getting an email alert would have gotten a nice kick.

Are you saying there is a certain age and maturity level where motor cycle accidents and getting accidentally separated from your kids is impossible? I think you misunderstood me (again). I am not mistaken. You can be the most careful cycle driver in the world and still have an accident. You can be the most protect parent on a cruise ship and still get unitentionally separated from your kids.

What? Where in the world did you get that from my post? I even highlighted it for you;) You said:

the folks who choose to take their kids on a cruise and say they will never let them run about alone are like folks who ride a motor cycle and say they will never fall

And I said if you believe that you are mistaken......I would not let my young child run about alone on a cruise ship but I am aware that sh** happens no matter how hard you try to protect........it certainly does not make us naive:rolleyes:

(again) you seem to twist words:rolleyes:

And my reference to age and maturity level was used in reference in which a parent can make a responsible decision in respect to decision making for their own children.......

So, my question to you is: "Do you take your 9 to 11 year old kids cruising because you honestly believe you will be able to insure, with complete certainty, that you will never accidentally be separated? Or - have you decided that the life experience is worth the risk?"

You seem to keep harping on this issue....nobody is arguing that we can protect our children 24/7:rolleyes:

I never said they didn't take precautions in advance - but obviously the lesson was ineffective. Since its important to them, they should revisit the lesson.

I didn't say you did........

that sounds painful doesn't it?? Like a nightmare mammogram.

lmao!

you are so friggin funny!

I didn't say you did........

Its really tough to debate you when you don't quote what you've typed on this page accurately.

Let me just pull your latest quote..

You seem to keep harping on this issue....nobody is arguing that we can protect our children 24/7

There are people on this thread who have stated that all nine year olds are too young to have sign out privileges because a ship is too dangerous and some have advocated that Carnival change its release policy. Yet these same folks take the calculated risk to take their kids on the ship in the first place. To me that is drawing an arbitrary risk standard similar to a motor cycle rider who wants helmet laws for everyone.

Now that you know that I honestly believe what I wrote - please explain why I'm mistaken.

Its really tough to debate you when you don't quote what you've typed on this page accurately.

Let me just pull your latest quote..

You seem to keep harping on this issue....nobody is arguing that we can protect our children 24/7

There are people on this thread who have stated that all nine year olds are too young to have sign out privileges because a ship is too dangerous and some have advocated that Carnival change its release policy. Yet these same folks take the calculated risk to take their kids on the ship in the first place. To me that is drawing an arbitrary risk standard similar to a motor cycle rider who wants helmet laws for everyone.

Now that you know that I honestly believe what I wrote - please explain why I'm mistaken.

No mistake here.......I do think you honestly believe what you wrote;)

I don't pretend to be the authority on everything.:o

I only act like a know it all 3900610.jpg when I'm pretty sure I'm right.

You act like a know it all DEMOCRAT when you're pretty sure you're right? OMG say it ain't so. ;)

It's a Joke, no Bashing please. :)

You act like a know it all DEMOCRAT when you're pretty sure you're right? OMG say it ain't so. ;)

It's a Joke, no Bashing please. :)

How dare you make levity out of this most serious, totally useless, troll started thread.:eek: Keep them coming.

Archived