moulon rouge or follies bergere

eddiep

We are going to paris as a pre cruise in late august and want to go to either the follies bergere or the moulon rouge. Which should we choose? What about the Lido? We are a retired couple. Nudity does not bother us.

Thx for any help

Eddiep

We went to the the Moulin Rouge; I paid my €300, booking dinner and the show about four weeks before.

Turning up early paid dividends as we were seated on the second 'row' back from the stage. Immediately we were given the menu and asked if we would prefer wine or champagne. Shortly our table was filled with other guests and although there wasn't massive amounts of room, there was more than enough to be comfortable throughout dinner and the show.

The food was good. I wouldn't describe it as one of the greatest gourmet experiences however it was hot, tasty and filling.

I won't spoil it for anyone who is thinking about it, however I will say it was well thought out, glitzy, glamorous, colourful and lively. Dance routines are punctuated by other acts, a juggler, hand shadow puppeteer and a very clever contortion/dance show.

Moulin Rouge maybe doesn't have the greatest dancers or the greatest cuisine in the world... maybe to the 'show snobs' it isn't up to a West End or Broadway standard... but then it never professes to be.... it's a Parisian cabaret experience that I believe the majority of people will enjoy and remember fondly. If you have the chance... DO IT!!!! Wonderful!!!!!

I vote for Lido much better than Moulin Rouge. Similar to same Las Vegas shows. I've been in the place twice, but never had dinner in site, always a glass of champagne.

We are going to paris as a pre cruise in late august and want to go to either the follies bergere or the moulon rouge. Which should we choose? What about the Lido? We are a retired couple. Nudity does not bother us.

Thx for any help

Eddiep

• 2 weeks later...

Thx for any help

Eddiep

I would go with Moulin Rogue but I recommend eating beforehand and just sticking to the Champagne.

Archived