Mariner to LAX

How to I get to and from Mariner to LAX?I can get a 5:00pm flight leaving LAX.Is that enough time?Never been to this area so I am a bit concerned that I have enough time.

I just got off Mariner this past Sunday. Taxi's were about $60 from the port to LAX. Cruise line transfers were $27.50 per person. Shuttles (Super Shuttle, Prime Time, etc.) are also an option, though I don't know the prices. Check out the West Coast Departures board for more info. Great bunch of helpful people there.

I took the cruise line transfer. We had a party of 4, so the cost was $110. We also had to wait over an hour for the bus to show up. Even with a tip, the taxi would have been cheaper and faster for our party of 4.

Royal's website has an area where you can enter your cruise info and it will show you the appropriate flight arrival/departure info. You may have to search on "flight arrival". If my memory serves, the earliest they want you to book a departing flight from LAX is noon. So your 5pm flight should be no problem.

Bob

Do what I am doing.

I've booked the RCI transfers

Cost me £14 each (about $22).

All they need is your flight time and they take care of the rest.

I've got a 2pm flight LAX to LAS so they will handle it all including my luggage.

Agree with all the previous posters - also would suggest checking out a limo/car service. We used that (booked through same website as the shuttle). We preferred that as we used it both ways and it was a "private ride" - we didn't have to wait for the shuttle dropping off at different hotels (staying in San Pedro the night before), nor having to go through all the different airline gates at the airport.

It was more expensive - I don't remember the exact cost - it was about 2 years ago - but I remember it was very similar in price to a cab. It was worth it to see the guy standing in the luggage area of the airport with our name on a card! Felt very special!

On the way back the ship was delayed by customs and many people were concerned about their flights and the shuttles were very, very full. Again, our town car was waiting with our name card - we just walked right out and got in the car. We had used the luggage valet program so didn't have backs to worry about.

We booked this through the same site as the shuttle - using the Prime Time Shuttle/Go Sedan web site.

On the way back the ship was delayed by customs and many people were concerned about their flights and the shuttles were very, very full. Again, our town car was waiting with our name card - we just walked right out and got in the car. We had used the luggage valet program so didn't have backs to worry about.

Sorry! Typo - should have said our bags to worry about (saved our backs too I guess!).

5pm you will have plenty of time last spring break we were off the Mariner and at the airport (prebooked via Supershuttle) by 10:00am for a 4:10 flight. Tried to rebook to earlier flight got standby and ended up waiting til our reserved flight.

We're using Primetime and the cost for our family of four is $80 one way. It's a private van, not a shared van, so it will be waiting for us and we won't have to circle around LAX to pick up pax. Plus tip of course.

If I was you...I would try to book an earlier flight...rather than 5 PM. You are going to have an awful lot of waiting to do, if that is your only option. Something around noon would be much better, unless you plan to rent a car or take a post cruise tour. :D:):D

We have a 5:55 flight and booked the RCI transport. No point in rushing, but I still don't want to stop at multiple places on the Super Shuttle. And that was more expensive anyway. There are only two of us so it doesn't make sense to get a private car.

We have a 5:55 flight and booked the RCI transport. No point in rushing, but I still don't want to stop at multiple places on the Super Shuttle. And that was more expensive anyway. There are only two of us so it doesn't make sense to get a private car.

If it were us with this schedule we'd probably book a post cruise tour with drop off at the airport. Since LAX is only about a 30 minute ride from the port, you will have many hours of waiting to do. Even if you wait in line an hour, even if the ship is delayed a couple of hours, even if you have to wait for the bus to fill up.

Post cruise tours with airport drop off typically drop you off at the airport around 1-3 pm, still plenty of time to wait around. At least for us, LAX is the worst airport to hang out in...it's pretty gross.

Update on Super Shuttle:

I just booked transfer from airport to San Pedro Harbor and then from San Pedro Harbor to airport, using discount code UYR59, which gives you $3 off per reservation. I did one reservation for myself at $14 each way and one reservation for my husband at $14 each way.

Per another post, when you get off the ship, just go up to any Super Shuttle van and get a ride to the airport. Sounds pretty easy and inexpensive.

Archived